Tokai murder

sawystertrance

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to place flowers on the fence this afternoon.Really sad to see all the messages and flowers.Took a slow,short walk along the outside of the forrest.Saw people of all races coming to pay their respect,everybody quiet and respectful.

200m away the tape cordoning off a section of the forrest.At that time there were joggers ,walkers with dogs,mtbs and horses being ridden.The road was very busy.Unbelievable that this can happen and then the scum can casually walk through Tokai while everybody is frantic.According to Cape Talk the scum sat smiling in the court today!

3 Wings,

I just read the IOL website and it is covered in there. The article centered around the fact that the accused's dad was a warder at Pollsmoor. Can't remember seeing the word "allegedly". got to admit, even I was surprised.

No worries. Was't referring to any particular article - it was just a heads up and general gripe about the constant and flagrant abuse of the word allegedly.

As something of a veteran am forever astonished by the way in which crime reporters in this country manage to contort heinous acts of unspeakable brutality into bastardised sugar-coated drivel

You got that right Bonus, sickening.

Can you understand the cowardly mentality of those men who, having violated her innocence in such a vile and despicable way, then viciously took her young life as a trophy to the horror and depravity of their evil.

And it happened right under our noses, in broad daylight.

Sick, sick, sickening.

Edited by 3wings

This whole story is sickening.

Bonus and Wendy I take it it's times like this when you sit in you lawn looking at those mountains and think,,,,thank god we out,,,,bring it on,,,anything WE GOT IT

Dips - there's some horror stories coming out of eastern and northern Europe at the moment, though not with quite as brutal an ending as this one. Seems to have a lot to do with migrants (but let's not go into that right now). There are bad people all over the place I'm afraid.

We seem to have found ourselves, for the moment at least, a quiet corner of the world where people seem to behave in a civilized manner and treat each other with a degree of respect. There will be some problems here no doubt - it's inevitable, but as you say, coming from Jo'burg . . . . . "bring it on Sanchez"

I stop whatever I'm doing several times a day and look over at the mountains and pinch myself. Seems like only 5 mins ago I was driving in traffic everyday to Wadeville and visiting customers in Isando and Jet Park.

I hope in time the family can get past this episode but quite honestly I don't know how anyone could?

Edited by Bonus

This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier. This horrendous slaughter of innocence is a regular occurrence and does not even make mainstream news anymore, we live in a very sick country.

Here, the part from the article everybody should focus on, including that blind racist ANC mouthpiece deputy minister of police. "She also calls on the community to provide any information they can regarding the murders." This is why these mofos are in a holding cell and this is why the media sees the Tokai case as a sensation. It is the critical mass and condemnation of the murder in a community that the media deemed it news. Sad that it should be but we know now that without it, policing is just a job and good policing is reserved for tv.

In an article somewhere on the net, I read these suspects were complaining to the judge about not having soap to bath with and decent meals in prison.

In an article somewhere on the net, I read these suspects were complaining to the judge about not having soap to bath with and decent meals in prison.

That is true yes, after such an horrified ordeal, they think they have any previlidges which as far as I'm concerned, they lost the moment they gave up with their deeds. Just goes to show how screwed up SA's legal system is, they kill and rape and then they complain about soap, ffs, they currently have NO RIGHTS!!!!! Edited by BSG

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/live-suspects-in-court-for-tokai-killing-20160311

Two of the three men charged with her murder and rape seem at ease in the dock. The one cracks a smile and laughs at something. He nods his head as they chat.

All have applied for legal aid. Accused one previously wanted to represent himself, not get a private lawyer. He told the magistrate he doesn't want to go to Wynberg police cells because you don't get food there. Magistrate says he will get food and will be able to bath. He had also expressed concern at the danger there. Some people in the court snigger at his concerns.

Unbelievable.

No worries. Was't referring to any particular article - it was just a heads up and general gripe about the constant and flagrant abuse of the word allegedly.

As something of a veteran am forever astonished by the way in which crime reporters in this country manage to contort heinous acts of unspeakable brutality into bastardised sugar-coated drivel

What crap. Crime reporters don't sugar-coat things. Veteran? Would it be as sweeping a generalisation as yours to say veterans are given to hyperbole?