[Event] Eselfontein MTB 3 Day Stage Race

Eselfontein

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baie dankie vir die geleentheid wat julle ons bied om sulke awesome trails te ry. 3dae namekaar.  Reeds ingeskryf soos belowe het en ook baie opgewonde om dae met julle te deel. 

Slanghoek

Louis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eselfontein one day entries open:

Sat 15 Oktober

15 km mtb R100

40km mtb  R150

21km trail run R100

10km run/walk R100

@Esels, That's a pitty. I wasn't aware that would be the arrangement. Are there any entries left for the 3 day race?

@Wolver, The date has moved back and forth between October and Nov but its always been the same race/festival so I don't see there being another event.

• 3 weeks later...

I just entered.....where on earth do you find info regarding facilities, food etc. Like what you posted, but more on the rest of the festival. The only info I can get ANYWHERE is the little race poster. 

AMPED!!!! we're doing this on long travel machines, all about getting out there and having fun! 

definitely the best way bru  :thumbup:

I just entered.....where on earth do you find info regarding facilities, food etc. Like what you posted, but more on the rest of the festival. The only info I can get ANYWHERE is the little race poster. 

they sent a email regarding this...

Eselfontein mtb festival 2016

“VICIOUS, LUSCIOUS CERES SINGLE TRACK”

RIDE MAGAZINE -  July 2003

Thank you for entering the Eselfontein 3 Day stage race. We, the Eselfontein Mountainbike Foundation, would like to welcome you and provide you with a short guide with a little about everything for your convenience and to help you to be prepared for this stage race.

If there is anything you are not sure about, or anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask any of our crew members.

* Members:

Deon Malherbe 0823894202 – Tracks and Camping

Conrad Du Toit 0825661323 - Tracks and General information

Deon Meyer 0825040806 – Tracks and General information

Henk Rossouw 0845141626 – Tracks and General information

Cornel Lourens 0832552005 -  General information

Janene Malherbe 0825028810 - anything else you can think off, except tracks……..

INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION

You and your team partner have entered through EntryNinja and Live time. They will be handling all timing and results, which will be available live and at the end of each day. According to the results of Day 1, you will be seeded for Day 2 and the same for Day 3. Each rider will receive an armband with a chip.

Lans Pepler of Run the Vines, will be our MC and will also provide us with some good vibey music throughout the days.

Each entrant will also be receiving a goodie bag.

Each rider that completes his/her 3 day will also receive a medal and a Eselfontein t-shirt or a vest.

Every Discovery Vitality member can also claim his/her vitality points, by just communicating with EntryNinja after the race, to give you a certificate.

ADMIN STILL NEEDED FROM YOU

We will need to know how many of you will be camping with us on Eselfontein, please send Janene an email saying, CAMPING AND HOW MANY, janene@eselfontein.co.za. Camping ground is provided and for free. Your designated camping spot – “first come, first serve”- you pick out your own spot.

When arriving and with registration, we will also need you just to complete two short forms. This will also be used in the lucky draws, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET.

PRIZES, LUCKY DRAW AND PRIZE MONEY

PRIZES:

The winning team of each stage, in the 3 different categories (mens, ladies and mix team) will receive a bottle of wine

LUCK DRAW:

There will be lucky draws.

PRIZE MONEY:

The overall winning team of each category (mens, ladies and mix teams) will receive R5000 prize money.

THE TRACKS

These are NOT the final profiles of each stage, but it is an estimate.

DAY 1

This 40km will be a day\night ride starting at 6pm so the correct lights will be required. We expect the average rider to do the last 20km in the dark. This section of track has been part of our normal night race of the festival over the past few years and has a total elevation gain of 740m. It will be a bunch start but will have plenty of passing opportunities. The results from Day 1 will be used to seed the riders for the next day which will be a 60km race with approx. 30km single track.

DISTACE:40km

ELEVATION GAIN:740M

SINGLE TRACK:30KM

WATER PONTS: 2, at 19km and 27km

post-8906-0-81062700-1473248860_thumb.jpg

DAY 2

This will be the ride of your life with a single track combination that will blow your mind and give you an all-over body workout from counter balancing your bike. The route is a combination of our trails that are open throughout the year that will include two famous climbs, “Death Drop” and “Dead Man Walking”. The last 25km will have no big climbs.

DISTANCE:60km

ELEVATION GAIN:1400m

SINGLE TRACK: 30km

WATER POINTS: 3, at 15km, 21km and 40km

post-8906-0-03800900-1473248860_thumb.jpg

DAY 3

Today is an all-new route where we go up to the Bo Swaarmoed area for the first time. It is situated close to the infamous Matroosberg mountain. Most of your climbing will be done in the first 15 km before starting with a single track which is mostly downhill all the way to the finish

DISTANCE: 50km

ELEVATION GAIN:   1148m

WATER POINTS: 2, at 16km and 30km

post-8906-0-09533900-1473248859_thumb.jpg

DAILY ROUTINE

Friday

12:00 Arrivals

12:00 Campsite open

15:00 Registration

16:00 Vendors open

17:00 Medics open

17:30 Start chute open