[Event] Nissan Trailseeker GP #4 BUNDU BASH

WesselvdWalt

Event Name: Nissan Trailseeker GP #4 BUNDU BASH
When: 1 October 2016
Where: ARC Roodeplaat, Buffelsdrift, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Afric, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Just a stones throw North of Pretoria, just below the dam wall of the Roodeplaat dam lies a area called Buffelsdrift. For over a three years this has been the secret playground of Francios Theron and friends. Characteristically the area offers a real bushveld experience with plenty trails that have formed from Cattle paths, Dual tracks and purpose built singletrack for mountian bikers. The area boasts various terrain thats, rocky, hardpack and sandy over grasslands and bushveld with rivers and canals. Plenty wildlife can be expected that has long been forgotten to this area.

This year promises to be even better than ever with a great number of new trails that have been smoothed out over the last couple monthes. Join us for a mountian biking adventure close to home that's been the secret project of Advendurance.

Come and share a this great new experience in a new area you've never ridden before. We'll bring great meals and snacks, while you share the battle scars and war stories with your mountain bike buddies.

Go to Event Page

• 6 months later...

Did the complete half marathon series in 2015.

Doing my first marathon this year and it seems it is going to be a rainy one.

I presume it will continue irrespective of the rain ?

Never done a race in the rain so have no idea what to expect. She be another awesome event come rain or shine.

Rain this weekend in Pta? Yes please. Buckets full please...

(I am not riding this weekend..)

Unfortunately WeatherSA and WeatherChannel disagrees.

It is very dry. The drought needs to be broken.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rain this weekend in Pta? Yes please. Buckets full please...

(I am not riding this weekend..)

Unfortunately WeatherSA and WeatherChannel disagrees.

It is very dry. The drought needs to be broken.

Oh yes we need the rain badly! 

I'd be so happy if we can get good rain that I would go ride my bike in the rain to celebrate it  :clap:

Oh yes we need the rain badly!

I'd be so happy if we can get good rain that I would go ride my bike in the rain to celebrate it :clap:

[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

I see this morning the weather prediction changed to a warm sunny day. 

Totally agree with you guys we need the rain and actually it will be nice to appreciate it while on the bike.

Hi Hubeers

It was a great race for my first one. I would just sincerely like to apologise to the guy in the x-trail that I almost cut off (almost) while leaving the event with my hazards and lights flashing, but it was really an medical emergency.

Edited by Oldtmr

Early on I realised that today will become a ride of sorts.

I found that running in the middle of the pack presented a new view: having so much singletrack at the end of race, gives you zero chance to sit up and have a drink especially when the temperature was rising and hydration started becoming an issue. Kudo's to the organisers for starting earlier.

I am also not fond off paying R270 to ride at the bikepark. That is a bit of a rip off as basically that is what it felt like: riding at a bike park.

Traffic out of the venue was a nightmare basically because of the strange security measures taken. Kudo's for having marshalls to get traffic out of the venue into the main road.

Edited by The real MJ

I sufferd all the time yesterday....shees.

But that is raceing for you.

And they guys in die B mararthon batch is super strong.

Anybody find the "goodie" bag a bit on the lean side? Mine just has a cheap water bottle, gel and energy bar. The Legends MX events goodie bag was ful of stuff