[Event] Nissan Trailseeker WC #2 Grabouw

WesselvdWalt

Event Name: Nissan Trailseeker WC #2 Grabouw
When: 25 June 2016
Where: Elgin Grabouw Country Club, Grabouw, Western Cape, Western Cape
Category: MTB

We are glad to announce the second event in a new series of four events in the Western Cape, that will make up the official Western Cape Marathon Mountain bike series for 2016. The series is targeted at the young, the novice and the family but also for the experienced rider. The routes are aimed to be fun and friendly, no technical and specialized bits that only the pro's can ride. The series caters for those looking to get into mountain biking as a sport, the weekend riders and the family conscious.

With great TV coverage, good prize money with provincial points up for grabs, the serious riders are drawn in to compete into a festival of mountain biking.

The second event of the series takes place in the legendary Grabouw area, with the Grabouw country club as host.

There is a long history of mountain biking in Grabouw highlands. This place has a certain presence that needs to be respected, and have featured some great routes over the years. With the perfect mixture of water, mountain, forest and sun, it makes this an ideal setting that will see participants carving through kilometers of trails that make up this playground.

Come and escape to adventurous fun filled day out! We'll bring great meals and snacks, while you share the battle scars and war stories with your mountain bike buddies.

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update on the routes? Will this be the same routes as last year?

Yoh, last year was a tough one for me. I'm all for it again. Just throw in those bits of A to Z we went around.

I'm amped!  I thoroughly enjoyed the last one at Boschendal - hope that this one is at the same level! 

The route will only be finalized the day after the race. Climbing profile a week later,

hahahaha i think the profile is still missing for the helderberg one of last year.

Half looks like 38km with 640m climbing and full is 66.6km with 1290m climbing. Maybe i should change my entry to the full instead of the half but then again it might end up as 2190m climb.

Half looks like 38km with 640m climbing and full is 66.6km with 1290m climbing. Maybe i should change my entry to the full instead of the half but then again it might end up as 2190m climb.

The last event they got it spot on - the route was well marked and it was as long and with as much climbing as they advertised.  They seem to have gotten over their teething issues of last year.  I hope that it stays like that!

A buddy did the 40km and said that it was pretty boring with no real single track.  I did the 70 and it was mostly single track!!  If it's half as good as it was last time I'll be happy.

If I was you, I'd change to the long route.

Its a completely new route for the half, they also taking the half over the old pass and none of the single trails on the western side of the dam.

The last event they got it spot on - the route was well marked and it was as long and with as much climbing as they advertised.  They seem to have gotten over their teething issues of last year.  I hope that it stays like that!

A buddy did the 40km and said that it was pretty boring with no real single track.  I did the 70 and it was mostly single track!!  If it's half as good as it was last time I'll be happy.

If I was you, I'd change to the long route.

Keep in mind i weigh a balhaar under 130kilos so to just change is a lot more difficult than just changing, i go through a whole mental preparation ceremony. And then if i bargain on 66km with 1300m climbing i will stretch my ability to exactly that and if it is 2 kilos further on the day (like the 50 miler turned out to be a 51miler) i am screwed.