29er Dual Suspension Bike weights

awesme

I would like to see more of the "average" bike weight here, thinking of changing, I have a Spez Camber 26" and is weighs close on 14kg.

I have an XL Camber Aluminum 29er @ 14.4kg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2017 Scott Spark RC900 Pro 10.9kg out the box

attachicon.gifweight.jpg

I find that Scotts are quite light, I have a 2014/15 Scott Genius with 140mm Travel, with Pedals, bottle cage and a Lyne 125mm dropper come in at 13,8kg

The problem is out of the box they are light. Then they only get heavier. By the time it's setup its 12kg

this is true

Trek 9.8 Fuel EX 

Carbon Frame

130mm fox 34 

130mm reaktiv fox rear shock

Big ass 2.4 tyres front and rear fully loaded with 90ml of sealant

Bontranger elite rims alu

Sram GX heavy bastard 1 x 12

xt trail pedals

Dropper post also heavy

Built to be indestructible.

All in 13.2kg

post-9483-0-29295000-1568712256_thumb.jpg

Mine weighs in at 12 Kg on the dot, brand new built. Includes pedals and bottle cages.

Not the lightest but, decent number for less than 35K

post-3193-0-01147100-1568716764_thumb.jpg

Mine weighs in at 12 Kg on the dot, brand new built. Includes pedals and bottle cages.

Not the lightest but, decent number for less than 35K

Funny enough, it's the rider weight and fitness that makes the biggest difference in cycling. having a light bike is just a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting comment - I recently did a test between my hardtail (carbon) and my new dual sus (Trek) which is about 1.5kg heavier than the hardtail. I tested bikes back to back on the same trails and the heavier dually was unexpectedly faster on the uphills as well as technical, flat and downs. Given that I weigh around 57kg, 1.5kg difference is substantial (will post full details of my testing soon)

I also found that my new and heavier dual susp is overall much faster than my hardtail.  Not exactly sure about the numbers, but the dual susp is probably 1.5-2kg heavier.