Win a limited edition Brooks X Eroica saddle

This is the second in a series of competitions we’re running leading up to our inaugural Eroica South Africa event. This is your chance to win a very special limited edition L’Eroica Tuscany Team Professional saddle. Brooks, in collaboration with Eroica, only produced 1000 of these beautifully embossed saddles, and this one is number 337.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does one need to be entered to participate in the eroica event?

If not, here's some pics of my Zeus, in desperate need of a new saddle.

#justsaying

Hi RocknRolla. Nice Zeus! And no, the competition is open to anyone, as long as you're South Africa. You don't need to be entered into Eroica South Africa. Having said that, we would love to see your Zeus on the start line on  23 April! Join us!

Hi RocknRolla. Nice Zeus! And no, the competition is open to anyone, as long as you're South Africa. You don't need to be entered into Eroica South Africa. Having said that, we would love to see your Zeus on the start line on  23 April! Join us!

Hi Stan.

Thank you.

Sadly the cost related to logistics getting to that event is not within my reach. Sounds like lots and lots of fun.

I posted this on the FaceBook page but there seems to be more action here so I am re-posting.

This is my Eroica bike, a fantastic early 80's South African LeJeune made by the legendary Francois du Toit. The Reynolds 531 frame is in beautiful condition for it's age and could really do with the ultimate finishing touch of a lovely Brooks L’Eroica Tuscany Team Professional saddle and matching bar tape. It would really help this heroic bike to proudly showcase South African frame building, craftsmanship and cycling history at the first Eroica South Africa in Montague. This bike is not going to be just a show piece and will go on to the tackle the Tour of Ara as my new tour bike later in the year. #eroicabrooks337

post-75581-0-71537900-1457696486_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barry_W

This beautiful late 60's DHC built with Reynolds 531 tubing will be tearing up the gravel in Montagu at the first Historical Eroica event held in South Africa come Saturday the 23rd of April.

The Brooks Tuscany Team Professional saddle would complement this Historical bicycle to the full.

In the true spirit of the event the South African bicycle manufacturers at the height of SA's racing history will be remembered!post-48195-0-24817800-1457760440_thumb.jpeg

Guest notmyname

Two years ago I saved this 91 Pinarello Gavia from 9 years of dirt road commuting by an old farm worker in Limpopo. Completely beat up and broken then, but now almost back to her former glory. As you can see below the Selle ITALIA she has is in a state of disrepair.

The day I got her back to jhb

post-85428-0-77717900-1457771999_thumb.jpg

Slowly getting there. Added period Mavic hoops built on campy hubs. She's got to be a SS until I can afford the balance of the campy drive train.

post-85428-0-89949100-1457772072_thumb.jpg

Poor state of the Selle ITALIA.post-85428-0-44181900-1457772197_thumb.jpg

Love this bike. It's my only roadie and we go for a spin every week.

My wife and my bike for the 1st Eroica in South Africa. We can't wait, its going to be a weekend to remember seeing many friends from all over the country. 

My wife's Zini Reynolds 501 tubing with Shimano 600 groupset. Some old 6200 and newer tricolour parts. Brooks B17 in honey, for my honey!

My Alpina Columbus SLX with Dura-Ace groupset. Various DA series from 1st gen levers and callipers and newer 8spd derailleurs. Unfortunately my old Brooks has seen better days and will not last the Eroica so I really, really need a new Brooks saddle please!

post-44986-0-06717200-1457794979_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-92859500-1457795011_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-60503100-1457795051_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-25940600-1457795077_thumb.jpg