XT vs XTR vs X01 vs XX1

AllAboutRides

Hi there everyone!

I want to upgrade my current mtb groupset and yes as always weight plays a big role.

Currently running Shimano XT 1x11 and Simano XT brakes.

Best way to upgrade?

*XTR

*XO1

*XX1

Please share thoughts and is it worth spending that extra money for better groupset?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there everyone!

I want to upgrade my current mtb groupset and yes as always weight plays a big role.

Currently running Shimano XT 1x11 and Simano XT brakes.

Best way to upgrade?

*XTR

*XO1

*XX1

Please share thoughts and is it worth spending that extra money for better groupset?

So you already have Enve hoops? I would not spend the $$ on grouupset as the gains are marginal.

If you had to upgrade, I would go with the X01.

Cheaper than the XX1, but should be almost as good.

Not a Shimano fan  -_-

But yes, this is assuming you already have good, light wheels and a good fork

Edited by Mastodon

Imo you have an excellent gruppo already, with arguably the best brakes available. A change may not be an upgrade...

If you have to change something, change the crank to something like Race Fece NextSL, Hollowgram or similar.

Or rather look at the wheels.

If you REALLY want to upgrade then I would mix it up with SRAM X01 or XX1 Cassette on XD driver (future range expansion) then an XTR rear derailleur and XTR shifter. Crankset I would go XTR 1x.

2c in die emmer.

Hi,

The above comments/posts certainly give testimony to the quality of the XT range. Nice to see.

Sarge

Yeah, it's certainly good. Personally, though, I prefer SRAM. But there's no reason to chuck an m8000 RD. Cost of the move isn't worth it unless you're a dyed in the wool SRAM fanbooi.

Guide brakes on the other hand...

Hi,

The above comments/posts certainly give testimony to the quality of the XT range. Nice to see.

Sarge

A bit like Shimano SPD pedals, not really worth upgrading from the basic ones, because they work the same as the expensive ones, weigh almost the same and last longer. :thumbup:

I must be honest - I hate SRAM. their latest stuff might be better but their previous brakes sucked IMO and I did not like any of their shifting and mechs components - not to mention their BBs all 10 different standards (a bit dramatic maybe). The cable design on the Shimano rear derailleur is a better design IMO instead of the funny cable loop thing on SRAM. SRAM top tier cassettes are nice and light though making the bike feel nimble. That is my only gripe with the latest M8000 and M9000 range - the cassettes could maybe lose a bit of weight - XTR needs a 11-45 cassette that weighs 300g.

anyway... all my opinion only.