[Event] Swartberg100 Gran Fondo

@BigJohnSwan

Renegades?

Myles has advised me that Ikons will be good enough for the job!

I might still have some small block 8's hiding in the garage somewhere though.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

160kms 2800 climbing, what do you guys reckon the winning time will be ?

I'm hoping I can do it in under 6 hours, seeing it's all rideable, and the pros are normally 2 hours quicker than me in endurance events.

sub 4 unrealistic?

I'm hoping I can do it in under 6 hours, seeing it's all rideable, and the pros are normally 2 hours quicker than me in endurance events.

sub 4 unrealistic?

Amarider 100 miler winners times are usually 6 hours for the same distance & elevation. For this one I reckon the winner will do it round about 6:30-7, I stand to be corrected but that is my best guesstimate

Amarider 100 miler winners times are usually 6 hours for the same distance & elevation. For this one I reckon the winner will do it round about 6:30-7, I stand to be corrected but that is my best guesstimate

93km on tar road, 3 sections of gravel covering 71km. That's not 6:30 to 7 hours of riding. More like 5 hours.

Hmmmm good question!

It's 55% tar and 45% gravel and then there's the Swartberg climb after having done just under 2000m of climbing already. Then that hectic descent to Prince Albert. I reckon a very strong rider should be able to do it in four and a half hours in favourable weather conditions.

Me....I don't know. I'll be happy just to finish it as quickly as possible so that I can go drink lots of Glenhoff Craft beer on the stoep of the Swarberg Hotel!

Just another shameless punt for something I'm not (sadly) involved in: The Showroom Theatre. If they have something on when you visit, make a point of getting tickets, even for just a movie. It is a little Art Deco theatre as great as you will find in the West End, Broadway or Paris. I kid you not!

http://www.showroomtheatre.co.za/about-us/

The best PR job I've seen for Prince Albert, I'm sure that you could freelance for Prince Albert Tourism.

93 clicks on tar? Anything in the rules about swapping bikes before the Swartberg descent?? Lol!

The best PR job I've seen for Prince Albert, I'm sure that you could freelance for Prince Albert Tourism.

:D I've lived in Cape Town for the past 3 decades and if people ask where I'm from, I still say Prince Albert :D

sub 4 unrealistic?

I'll be surprised if anyone dips under 6 hours on that route, it all depends how many fast guys there are...

DJR what is the reg nr of your car ?

Mine is CCA :D

I have to admit that even the old Cruiser that lives there, now have a CA number :blush:

Edited by DJR

Calitzdorp, another cool town that I have connections with as well.

My connection to Calitzdorp is called Bo-plaas.....

Oh and I regularly stay on the Groenfontein farm just east of town!!! Very relaxed with no cell reception.