[Event] Kremetart 175km One Day Stage Race 2016

Broker

Once again this race proved why it is IMHO the best single day stage race in the country. The organisation, the food, the venues, all lekker.

Was such a hard race for me and my stoker, Very tactical(I think some of the tandems probably thought we where stuffing around with all the tactics, especially the start of stage 2 and 3 when we where just cruising along like a chilled coffee ride) and the opposition was strong. Very happy with our results. I had the FlyingScot on the back of my tandem and he had never actually ridden tandem before until a short training ride last weekend.

1st stage=3rd, 2nd stage=1st, 3rd stage=3rd, 4th stage=2nd, Overall=3rd.

Was also good to meet Popit and his wife. Hope you guys had fun.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks LWB .

Well done to you guys .

Was very tough for us , but we loved it .

Great atmosphere and AWESOME potjie afterwards .

You racing tandems are machines .....

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Three cheers to everyone involved in organizing the Kremetart - still one of the few very good races around with great atmosphere and good organisation - well worth the trip getting up there.  A pity to see a drop in numbers attending.

• Was hesitant with the new start and finish area - but actually a great venue (just the short hill towards the finish line now makes it feel like an Mt Everest with tired legs after 175km).
  • Was a bit miffed that one needed a licence now to race in the various age categories for this race - but it still worked out well in the 'Comrades' group - there was a good variety of talent so there was a variety of very fast, fast and kind of fast groups to attach one self to at each stage.
  • Awesome weather at the start - finally no arm or leg warmers needed (pity about Sunday's rain, but hope the MTB still had a good ride)
  • Was sad to see no Jungle Oats energy bars on offer this year after each stage and that on Stage 1 the truck with the bottled water only came as the 2nd Stage was starting and on Stage 2 lunch stop, i just manged to grab the last bottled water on offer (so not sure why water was under catered for this year), but thankfully the stop at Stage 3 had plenty
  • But otherwise was well fed on each stage, the beef soup is to die for, the pancakes makes the last 1km climb on stage 3 well worth it and the potjiekos was awesome - thanks to all the chefs.
  • Thanks to all the locals lining up the finish area making us all feel like heroes  at the end - the cheers, support and smiles... but also thanks to all the crew and paramedics and road rangers....
  • Really enjoyed the comrade with all the cyclist.. even driving back home yesterday with a stop at the petrol stations, there was still smiles and chatting between cyclist ... a feeling we have conquered and survived!!

Would like to echo the comments on this excellent race. Must be the best one day event and always a great atmosphere. Even great weather this year.

The starts at all the stages this year was a bit chaotic and unorganized. I think this had to do with the CSA racing license issue, so only racing licensed cyclist could start in the various categories the rest of us all dumped in comrades. If this process can be smoothed and sorted all will be 100% - see you next year

What a great race and event. It was my first and definitely won't be my last. So well organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Any info on this for 2017, the website does not seem to be updated?

Also keen on some info for 2017 please!

I've searched the whole of the internet, and found no info. Not even a hint on whether 2017 is on or off.

I'm overdue for number 3 after 2012 and 2013!

@JOC info please?

I suggest a call to Stanley Thompson @ Thompson Motors Louis Trichardt. 

I am sure that he will be able to cast some positive light on the event.

They sold out to ASG.  Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk

It would have been my 13th 175km.

Price up from R550 last year to R950 this year.

Ma se varkhare, you ASG people ruk the poephol right out of the hoener hey.

Also keen on some info for 2017 please!

I've searched the whole of the internet, and found no info. Not even a hint on whether 2017 is on or off.

I'm overdue for number 3 after 2012 and 2013!

@JOC info please?

Hi there,

Please visit https://www.asgevent...egister/?id=328.

With out a sponsor of the event ASG help us in organizing the event. Still the same crew in Limpopo and still the awesome vibe. 

Without ASG the race would have been cancelled, thus the late opening of the entries. 

The value for your money is still mind blowing. 

Hope to see you guys at the Kremetart this year!!!

They sold out to ASG.  Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk

It would have been my 13th 175km.

Price up from R550 last year to R950 this year.

Ma se varkhare, you ASG people ruk the poephol right out of the hoener hey.

950 ZA rondt? Ag nee wat, there goes that idea :(

Hi there,

Please visit https://www.asgevent...egister/?id=328.

With out a sponsor of the event ASG help us in organizing the event. Still the same crew in Limpopo and still the awesome vibe. 

Without ASG the race would have been cancelled, thus the late opening of the entries. 

The value for your money is still mind blowing. 

Hope to see you guys at the Kremetart this year!!!

You have lost a LOYAL customer by hiking the price with 72%

Like any other industry, I'll find an alternative as this is not a necessity.  Economics 101

You have lost a LOYAL customer by hiking the price with 27%

Like any other industry, I'll find an alternative as this is not a necessity.  Economics 101

You mean 72% increase in price