mon-goose

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This awesome old girl is 100 years old this year, works flawlessly and shoots as straight as the day she was made in Newcastle by W.R. Pape, who was responsible for coming up with the brilliant idea of choking a shotgun. 

I thought I'd make a lino cut for her big birthday. The monoprint in in silver on black paper.

post-17716-0-47334900-1610819245_thumb.jpg

In the flesh is perhaps prettier

that hand carving / engraving is really pretty and special ... kind of an interesting twist that you would therefore be doing a engraving into lino to celebrate her.

Edited by Hairy

In the flesh is perhaps prettier

Please post some more pics.

A friend of mine inherited a custom from his grandfather, and recently found an almost identical Purdy. So he now has a "matching pair" original and bootleg (second hand story is that gunsmiths used to work off hours on private jobs and that this "bootleg" is one of them). Nonetheless, I'm more a function over form kind of guy but some of these old pieces are absolutely stunning. I do hope it still sees some action though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend hunted this Eland last weekend. I Tagged along for backup  :)  

The carcass weighed in a decent 287kg. He used his CZ 30-06 with ammo loaded by himself with 180 grain Nosler Partition Bullets. He took him down with one perfect heart shot. 

post-62204-0-37089100-1615187852_thumb.jpeg

My friend hunted this Eland last weekend. I Tagged along for backup  :)  

The carcass weighed in a decent 287kg. He used his CZ 30-06 with ammo loaded by himself with 180 grain Nosler Partition Bullets. He took him down with one perfect heart shot. 

Lekker man.

Mate of mine sent me this not long ago. Saw it on FB

post-58906-0-25893000-1615195235_thumb.jpgpost-58906-0-78414800-1615195266_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have often recommended that people on this site attend training with Leo.

This video speaks volumes of his experience and what he can teach you.

https://fb.watch/5cNdxTl_1E/

at the 32 second mark you can see he gets a twitch in his right shoulder when he notes for the first time something is not right