RIFLE

mon-goose

I have often recommended that people on this site attend training with Leo.

This video speaks volumes of his experience and what he can teach you.

https://fb.watch/5cNdxTl_1E/

Amazing to watch. It is as if he sensed that something was wrong and started looking in al 3 his rearview mirrors much more than earlier. I would assume he saw the same suspicious car or cars positioning themselves for an attack. 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have often recommended that people on this site attend training with Leo.

This video speaks volumes of his experience and what he can teach you.

https://fb.watch/5cNdxTl_1E/

Now head instructor of Lone Operator courses at Fortis I believe.

Top crowd at Fortis.

Now head instructor of Lone Operator courses at Fortis I believe.

Top crowd at Fortis.

Been doing that for a while already and training CIT guards and back up teams for the bigger companies. 

The guy with him must be a newbie, he is totally clueless.

Newby perhaps, but I disagree somewhat. 

The passenger stayed calm and was completely functional throughout. He did not freak out or became petrified, both very natural things when you are getting shot at. He could take instructions from his more experienced officer. Look at him using the phone, there is no sign of him shaking or fumbling, just doing what he was told, efficiently. Not many people will maintain their fine motor skills like that when they are in the situation they were in. Fine motor skills are the first to go when the adrenaline starts pumping!

So, in my opinion, he did pretty well.

Edit: Perhaps I should add that the last time I had lead flying overhead was a lifetime ago and in another life. Nowadays I am more an expert in adrenaline and how that works! 

Edit 2: I'd like to hear what Gummy thinks about this 

Edited by DJR

Newby perhaps, but I disagree somewhat.

The passenger stayed calm and was completely functional throughout. He did not freak out or became petrified, both very natural things when you are getting shot at. He could take instructions from his more experienced officer. Look at him using the phone, there is no sign of him shaking or fumbling, just doing what he was told, efficiently. Not many people will maintain their fine motor skills like that when they are in the situation they were in. Fine motor skills are the first to go when the adrenaline starts pumping!

So, in my opinion, he did pretty well.

Edit: Perhaps I should add that the last time I had lead flying overhead was a lifetime ago and in another life. Nowadays I am more an expert in adrenaline and how that works!

Edit 2: I'd like to hear what Gummy thinks about this

I agree that he stayed calm and was a little slow to respond but still did well.Your body and mind responds to situations different all the time.

I agree that he stayed calm and was a little slow to respond but still did well.Your body and mind responds to situations different all the time.

The crew was definately rattled, but his driver's calm composure kept him calm. He was semi frozen between commands.

He is definately not as well trained as the leader and when the vehicle stopped you could see his indicision and reluctance to exit the vehicle. That seat could've become his death spot, fighting outside the vehicle would give him a better chance of survival once the doors popped. In the end it worked out well for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped the Landy off yesterday afternoon for the repair of its bullbar that got bent a bit recently in a tussle with an X3. And there they were busy doing a fully armoured  re-build and restoration of a 110 Defender. Damn, it was impressive to see what they do and how they do it. Also, it is a build for a private person, not a security company, so the end result is a very attractive luxury leather covered interior, not an ugly bare metal plated box. From the outside it will still look like a standard Defender, but on the inside it is like a metal fist covered with a soft leather glove. No pictures, sorry. 

Edited by DJR

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/trending/self-defence-to-be-scrapped-as-a-reason-to-own-a-gun-in-south-africa-under-revived-draft-legislation-2021-5

some of the “highlights” of the proposed legislation 

• deleting of licencing of firearms for self defence
  • reduction of licence period to five years
  • reduce number of allowed licences
  • limit ammunition per licence
  • unlawful to reload ammunition.

8 hours ago, Craai said:

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/trending/self-defence-to-be-scrapped-as-a-reason-to-own-a-gun-in-south-africa-under-revived-draft-legislation-2021-5

some of the “highlights” of the proposed legislation 

• deleting of licencing of firearms for self defence
  • reduction of licence period to five years
  • reduce number of allowed licences
  • limit ammunition per licence
  • unlawful to reload ammunition.

At least a decades worth of court cases and more chaos that they already have.

2 hours ago, DJR said:

At least a decades worth of court cases and more chaos that they already have.

And if we didnt live in a crime riddled country absolutely drowing with inept police and a sub functional juducial system with a corrupt government to boot...I could have spent that grudge money for my firearm, safe, training etc on a new GPU rather.....Ill gladly give up my gun once crime is brough under control and I dont have people robbing me while I am still at home at 3pm in the afternoon...

Ja, nee Bhecki Cele ...GFY....

12 hours ago, Mojoman said:

And if we didnt live in a crime riddled country absolutely drowing with inept police and a sub functional juducial system with a corrupt government to boot...I could have spent that grudge money for my firearm, safe, training etc on a new GPU rather.....Ill gladly give up my gun once crime is brough under control and I dont have people robbing me while I am still at home at 3pm in the afternoon...

Ja, nee Bhecki Cele ...GFY....

The irony.

spacer.png