RIFLE

mon-goose

9 hours ago, gummibear said:

The irony.

spacer.png

I have always mainatained that these politician things (worldwide) should be forced to also use public transport, state schools and hopsitals and to also rely upon the SAPS...I think I have mentioned my motivation for a weapon was a cop with no handcuffs using his 9mm as a hammer to open the back of the police van and I struggled to keep hold of a slimy criminal thief...Also seeing that cop with the hoster upside down was an inspiration as well....
Top notch Pro-class useless...

I would certainly have prefered to use that money on bike and computer parts or my bond or something...

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck trying to find a application in this mess for an appeal????????

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/mps-shocked-firearms-register-officers-are-working-in-unsafe-veritas-building-20210517?fbclid=IwAR2cFgRK5kYAUHMcAt-OQezrthmxOZEelJ63H772GbfQ-jY8OxnCoDAqGc0

3 hours ago, gummibear said:

That head line shoud read...

MPS Shocked to find any firearms register officers are working.....

On 5/4/2021 at 7:16 AM, gummibear said:

a4e1bee3ed8c98913c593caac1febed1.jpg

It's a pity he isn't in our area.. 

But I am actually attending a ladies self defense course this weekend through same people I did my competency and they've also brought in some expert for the self sefense bit

They also have tactical firearm training next month so I think might do that one too.. Cause while I wait for my licence I may as well get more comfortable in different situations.. FB_IMG_1622009072138.jpg.dfc3fa2132b094989902d57be97dbc22.jpg

FB_IMG_1622009186720.jpg

11 hours ago, Gen said:

It's a pity he isn't in our area.. 

But I am actually attending a ladies self defense course this weekend through same people I did my competency and they've also brought in some expert for the self sefense bit

They also have tactical firearm training next month so I think might do that one too.. Cause while I wait for my licence I may as well get more comfortable in different situations.. FB_IMG_1622009072138.jpg.dfc3fa2132b094989902d57be97dbc22.jpg

FB_IMG_1622009186720.jpg

Good luck and have fun ????

My application for renewal of both my Firearm Licenses has been in since October 2020, and both the current pieces of plastic is past their sell by dates. When asking at our local license renewal office, I got told it could still be a while (we all saw those photo's, so we know why).

In the meantime I have to lug my expired license, expired competency certificate and the A4 sized piece of paper stating I have applied for renewal, with me every time I want to carry or transport any of them......

On 5/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, gummibear said:

Man I had so much fun.. Maybe too much fun.. Learnt a lot and will probably go back for more to help with muscle memory and so on.. Practice practice practice ..  I'll probably have to roll out of bed for day 2.????

On 5/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, gummibear said:

Man I had so much fun.. Maybe too much fun.. Learnt a lot and will probably go back for more to help with muscle memory and so on.. Practice practice practice ..  I'll probably have to roll out of bed for day 2.????

Update 

Day 2 was also a lot of fun.. Learnt a lot in different situations.. Basically introduction to tactical shooting.. .. The one bit we had to puch a punching bag (that the instructor held) for 20 sec to get the heart rate up,  draw the firearm, load and shoot on various commands while either moving forward or backward.. So it was things like that. .. 100 rounds with the pistol, a bit with a revolver, then a Beretta self loading rifle (think that's what it is called CX something) and a Pump action shot gun.. The other firearms was just to get a feel for different firearms. 

I expected  the shotgun to put me on my behind but they showed us so nicely how to use it that I didn't get hurt or fall in my behind. 

Edited by Gen

On 5/29/2021 at 5:37 PM, Gen said:

Update 

Day 2 was also a lot of fun.. Learnt a lot in different situations.. Basically introduction to tactical shooting.. .. The one bit we had to puch a punching bag (that the instructor held) for 20 sec to get the heart rate up,  draw the firearm, load and shoot on various commands while either moving forward or backward.. So it was things like that. .. 100 rounds with the pistol, a bit with a revolver, then a Beretta self loading rifle (think that's what it is called CX something) and a Pump action shot gun.. The other firearms was just to get a feel for different firearms. 

I expected  the shotgun to put me on my behind but they showed us so nicely how to use it that I didn't get hurt or fall in my behind. 

That’s great that you enjoying the training.It’s addictive so just watch it doesn’t take over your cycling.Try to get to a range as often as possible and practice those stresses drills.A few push-ups or burpees will get your heart rate up quickly????

A shotgun can kick but depends on ammo they used.

I was shooting around 200 rounds a weekend when I was shooting competitions.Also got 200 a week at work for training ????

20 hours ago, gummibear said:

That’s great that you enjoying the training.It’s addictive so just watch it doesn’t take over your cycling.Try to get to a range as often as possible and practice those stresses drills.A few push-ups or burpees will get your heart rate up quickly????

A shotgun can kick but depends on ammo they used.

I was shooting around 200 rounds a weekend when I was shooting competitions.Also got 200 a week at work for training ????

Ha ha yeah it's enjoyable and every time I am just that much more comfortable with the firearm.. It's just getting a bit pricey cause I have to rent a firearm and ammo..and that's quite expensive ????

2 minutes ago, Gen said:

Ha ha yeah it's enjoyable and every time I am just that much more comfortable with the firearm.. It's just getting a bit pricey cause I have to rent a firearm and ammo..and that's quite expensive ????

What? You're still waiting for your Glock? I have received mine as well had two other firearms re-licensed which were handed in during amnesty. Think I must starting playing lotto

9 minutes ago, Craai said:

What? You're still waiting for your Glock? I have received mine as well had two other firearms re-licensed which were handed in during amnesty. Think I must starting playing lotto

I think by the time I eventually get the damn glock I'll be too old and riddled with arthritis to use the damn thing. 

No idea how you got it all sorted.  Some magic trick or something ????

Edited by Gen

9 minutes ago, Gen said:

I think by the time I eventually get the damn glock I'll be too old and riddled with arthritis to use the damn thing. 

No idea how you got it all sorted.  Some magic trick or something ????

I was quite surprised as well, my license status was stuck in "Preparing for Consideration" for more than a year. Once it moved past that, both licenses were approved in a week.

1 minute ago, Craai said:

I was quite surprised as well, my license status was stuck in "Preparing for Consideration" for more than a year. Once it moved past that, both licenses were approved in a week.

Too lazy to go look for it, but how do you check on the status of your application again, if you don't mind me asking?