RIFLE

mon-goose

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Too lazy to go look for it, but how do you check on the status of your application again, if you don't mind me asking?

There's also an app called... Wait for it.. 

Where's My App

1 hour ago, Craai said:

I just tried your link with my ID and firearm Serial number because I have not received my reference number via sms since submitting two weeks ago.

Website returns: "no hits on ID and Serial number" 

Oh well, wait a bit more.

Literally less than a minute later my SMS arrives from SAPS stating that my Application, with all the correct numbers, is receiving attention at the DFO...

I wonder...:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

I just tried your link with my ID and firearm Serial number because I have not received my reference number via sms since submitting two weeks ago.

Literally less than a minute later my SMS arrives from SAPS stating that my Application, with all the correct numbers, is receiving attention at the DFO...

Here the flow chart.. Just ignore the average days bit because they have a backlog and are useless etc. FB_IMG_1622554741585.jpg.58a482058fcb03ad442609ac3fe38bfb.jpg

Edited by Gen

28 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Bwahahahahahaha.... two weeks. I like your optimism. In case you missed it, this is the CFR at the moment

186510025_10226482447233261_902579060471215344_n.jpg

186506417_10226482446793250_5415390574541722764_n.jpg

186357447_10226482446713248_6611184334806961278_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Craai said:

Bwahahahahahaha.... two weeks. I like your optimism. In case you missed it, this is the CFR at the moment

186510025_10226482447233261_902579060471215344_n.jpg

186506417_10226482446793250_5415390574541722764_n.jpg

186357447_10226482446713248_6611184334806961278_n.jpg

I'm fully aware of those pictures. 

I have no illusion that it will most likely take more than a year to process. 

I was wondering if they didn't just send me an sms because I enquired on the website and that it has no resemblance to where my application is at all. 

But hey, at least I received my Reference number now. 

3 hours ago, Gen said:

Here the flow chart.. Just ignore the average days bit because they have a backlog and are useless etc. FB_IMG_1622554741585.jpg.58a482058fcb03ad442609ac3fe38bfb.jpg

Looking at those quoted times, the DFO at my local Police station did a decent job then... if I can trust the sms, that is. 

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I'm fully aware of those pictures. 

I have no illusion that it will most likely take more than a year to process. 

I was wondering if they didn't just send me an sms because I enquired on the website and that it has no resemblance to where my application is at all. 

But hey, at least I received my Reference number now. 

Yeah with the reference number you can at least track it.. I never got an SMS and Provincial eventually gave me a ref number because the DFO here by us is useless. 

If your DFO is on the ball then that helps a lot and get sent off without too much delay...

Edited by Gen

34 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Looking at those quoted times, the DFO at my local Police station did a decent job then... if I can trust the sms, that is. 

I hope for all of us waiting that because those  CFR pics were made public they got a bit of a talking to and got more resources to help process all the apps. 

13 hours ago, Gen said:

Yeah with the reference number you can at least track it.. I never got an SMS and Provincial eventually gave me a ref number because the DFO here by us is useless. 

If your DFO is on the ball then that helps a lot and get sent off without too much delay...

Gen

When the application is at the DFO - at what stage is the application then?

19 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Gen

As I have it, the DFO is the Designated Firearm Officer at your local police station. So it is at Step 1 if it is with the DFO.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong @Gen)

21 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Gen

Just now, Vetplant said:

As I have it, the DFO is the Designated Firearm Officer at your local police station. So it is at Step 1 if it is with the DFO.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong @Gen)

Yeah that's how I understand it too.

1 hour ago, Gen said:

Yeah that's how I understand it too.

Eish!!  I have handed in 3 weapons in January under Amnesty (licenses expired a while back) with all the re-application forms, etc, etc.  Paperwork disappeared into the system.  Was called to SAPS last week that the applications are back and I then paid the necessary fees for it to continue into the process.

I was hoping that it was further than step 1!!!!!!!!!  

41 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Eish!!  I have handed in 3 weapons in January under Amnesty (licenses expired a while back) with all the re-application forms, etc, etc.  Paperwork disappeared into the system.  Was called to SAPS last week that the applications are back and I then paid the necessary fees for it to continue into the process.

I was hoping that it was further than step 1!!!!!!!!!  

Complain to the station commander. 

• 1 month later...

For those that have applied within the last year or so, what are the odds of my license being issued for next year June, if I submitted my competency last week. This is for Hunting rifle only and well motivated with records of hunting and sport shooting.

I know that I now need to wait for my competency then submit the licensing papers.