RIFLE

mon-goose

My one son has been waiting since November last year for a competency certificate. Several enquiries - nada. Dead quiet. Nobody wants to even guess where in the process it is or how long it will take or even if it will ever work its' way through the shitty guts of a broken system.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DJR said:

My one son has been waiting since November last year for a competency certificate. Several enquiries - nada. Dead quiet. Nobody wants to even guess where in the process it is or how long it will take or even if it will ever work its' way through the shitty guts of a broken system.

Sigh, I bought a 6.5 CM, now I'm just hoping it will be ready for hunting season next year.
Hope your son gets his stuff soon, only to wait again for the actual license.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a complete shot in the dark .... but do any of you riff raff have an old ammo case or two lying around?

image.png.157cc0b238c91f54c6270321bfb2c73a.png

• 3 weeks later...

It's been just more than a year since I put in my renewal applications for both my firearms (9mm and .308), and no result as yet. Application was put in on 08 August 2020. Local DFO says that their is a huge backlog (no **** sherlock), and I must just wait. Can't give me a timeline, not even a guesstimate as to how long it will still take.

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 4:29 PM, Hairy said:

My 1301 Competition has fired roughly 800 rounds without a single issue. It's an awesome shotgun and worth every ZAR I paid for it ! 

Who has hunted and done any form of competition or range shooting with a first focal plane scope and second focal plane?

I understand the differences on paper, but would like some real world feedback.

Whats your opinions on them and which did you like better?

• 3 months later...

Hi perhaps someone can help me

Have unwanted gift PCP air rifle that I want to sell

Jkhan Nobless 5.5

Pop me a message or if anyone knows someone.

give me a DM

• 1 year later...

59 pages read and up to date, quite a chore to be honest, sad to see how dead this thread has gone though. 

After years of never having been bothered by such things, I find myself in the middle of the competency process, looking forward to learning new things!