Bikes of the Epic: Ariane Kleinhans' Specialized S-Works Era

Nick

This year leading lady Ariane Kleinhans is riding on the female specific Specialized Era after riding the men's variant for some time. The key difference compared to the brother bike, the Epic, lies in the frame geometry and contact points. The Era features a lower standover height and shorter reach, said to provide a better fit for many ladies.

Click here to view the article

A solid bike with not too many surprises. The obvious draw back (all be it a small one) is that the Era can't take a water bottle on the seat tube. Its a feature that many like about the Epic.

A solid bike with not too many surprises. The obvious draw back (all be it a small one) is that the Era can't take a water bottle on the seat tube. Its a feature that many like about the Epic.
what is the green bottle in? (Excuse my ignorance).

what is the green bottle in? (Excuse my ignorance).

The Era holds 1 bottle (the green one) on the down tube. Most DS bikes do not have room for a second bottle on the frame, calling for either a seat post mounted bottle or a tri mounted bottle (on the rails of the saddle)

Excuse the bad pic, but the Epic takes 2 on the frame. post-5386-1458499879,3389.jpg

Some lady riders I know sighted this as a reason to stay with the Epic. A pro like Kleinhans will easily reach the bottle behind her on the seat post, hence my comment that its a small inconvenience.