Bikes of the Epic: Louis-Bresler Knipe's Pyga Stage

Nick

My best downhill times on Mezcals, more than enough cornering grip. With the extra width now available from the older 2.1 GEAX, can just imagine how good these must be!

I had the 2.1's. Went Barzo on the front and this just felt way better. Maybe I should give the new 2.2's a go!

I bought a Mezcal G+ for my Trance and running it on the rear and have to say so far im impressed. Definately seems to have more grip than the Saguaro i was running and its also a bit wider. Rolls really well and hopefully it will be durable. Im tempted to give it a try on the front to see how it handles, presently runnning a NNic on front. 

I liked Louis' frankness about starting on a 34 up front, calling for a 32 and finally settling for a 30 some days in, Lill replied that he sees no need even at the sharp end to be on anything more than 32.

Makes one think what a beast Coolharvey was on a 36! 

Lekker posts Nic - by far the best feature of the Epic, ok maybe close to that was the GoPro clowns for entertainment

PS: surely not a 'cheap' Novatec hub at the back!!

Actually it goes to show that when a sponsor is not dictating what you ride and rather a damn fine rider and bike mechanic builds his race bike - this what it probably should look like.

Nice one Louis. 

PS: surely not a 'cheap' Novatec hub at the back!!

Actually it goes to show that when a sponsor is not dictating what you ride and rather a damn fine rider and bike mechanic builds his race bike - this what it probably should look like.

Nice one Louis. 

Louis did mention it he'd built up the wheels on short notice and the Novatec was all he had available, but it did the job just fine.

Yes good point.

"but it did the job just fine" - given a choice, we would all trade up - the way that oke rides, if its good enough for him, its surely good for me

By the look of most pics, he hardly needs a front wheel  

If there was a prize for Mr MTB SA, Louis would win it hands down. Fast down a hill, long distance, bike skills etc etc he has it all. Can only imagine that he would be a kick ass mechanic.

If there was a prize for Mr MTB SA, Louis would win it hands down. Fast down a hill, long distance, bike skills etc etc he has it all. Can only imagine that he would be a kick ass mechanic.

Louis raced a pretty decent Roof of Africa too in late 2015. Crazy skills.

Like the fact that he still has fun out there whenever he is on two (or one) wheels.

Lill and Woolcock were good this year - but it seemed all business - which I suppose is the pressure on local pros to earn their keep. Respect to them for holding up their end of the deal.

Louis did mention it he'd built up the wheels on short notice and the Novatec was all he had available, but it did the job just fine.

would like to hear Louis actuall comments about the Tyres ???  Admin