Video: N1NO - The Hunt for Glory - Hittin' the Gym Part 2

News bot

The reasons behind Nino Schurter being one of the most iconic mountain bikers of all time is ever growing. One thing that sets him apart from the rest is the atypical way he trains and prepares for the season. Nino decided to reject traditional training methods and to re-think mountain bike training from the ground up.

Click here to view the article

Interesting to see a lot of pilates being employed here. The sliding 'trolley' on the incline, where he pulls down on handles is replicated on a pilates reformer machine.

The only thing there is would be able to do without falling is where he stands on the floor using the hoola hoop.

I always wonder why there is such a huge gap between our locals and the Europeans. A lot has to be down to just the 'genetic size of their engine' (for the lack of a better term), but I wonder how many do these sort of exercises. I'd be surprised if any of ours train at this level.

Come on Myles, try the balance and juggling act, post videos...

Can't even juggle when standing normally...

But I can appreciate the complexity of those movements... I can do the balance board thing standing and sitting (eyes open) thanks to years of paddling k1's and surfskis and SUPing using paddleskis or windsurfing boards before it was a "thing"

Add any other movement, especially on a balance point thats so small, and, well...

Thud nghhhhh

As for the rest. Yeah naah

Edited by Myles Mayhew