Socks

FCH

Hey guys, been trawling through a few sports shops of late; and noticed that socks are getting thicker and thicker.

Even within the running sock section, everything seems to be thick weaved; with all sorts of fancy extra sections and extra furry patches!

Now I have pretty wide feet up front, finding half numbers for shoes in SA is not all that simple, so now you end up with a shoe that nearly fits perfectly.... Untill you put on those socks. Pressure spots all over.

Any suggestions on where or who still makes just standard thinly weaved sports socks (yes I know they will probably not last as long, but my dog is not discriminating between which socks she destroys anyway)

Need to have look for those, have three pairs of Versus, probably the standard one; if there is such a thing?

Versus race socks might work for you.

Not averse to bananas, so will happily give a bash; looks a little thinner at the top by the looks of it

Not averse to bananas, so will happily give a bash; looks a little thinner at the top by the looks of it

It is thin. I did a 110km with them on Sunday, and its the bomb. Def the best socks i have ridden with. Your feet will love you...

Definitely thinner....mail them and ask if they do other lightweight socks

I have a few pairs of falke socks as well they are lekker thin and i dont like socks that sits too high, reminds me of rugby socks, and I have a crap load of nissan socks from the trailseeker series. But if i am in the market again (probably in 10 years time only) i will go for the versus ones!

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

You can find great socks at www.neversaytie.co.za. They are stylish, comfortable and really good quality. You will definately stand out :).

post-97530-0-65732000-1468442139_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, been trawling through a few sports shops of late; and noticed that socks are getting thicker and thicker.

Even within the running sock section, everything seems to be thick weaved; with all sorts of fancy extra sections and extra furry patches!

Now I have pretty wide feet up front, finding half numbers for shoes in SA is not all that simple, so now you end up with a shoe that nearly fits perfectly.... Untill you put on those socks. Pressure spots all over.

Any suggestions on where or who still makes just standard thinly weaved sports socks (yes I know they will probably not last as long, but my dog is not discriminating between which socks she destroys anyway)

This one is more for running: Salomon XA Sonic socks. I've tried all my cycling socks. I've tried Falke. I've tried those expensive Bridgedale one's, but the Salomon one's worked best for me.

Outdoor Escape in Stellies sell those, but you can get them for cheaper at Somerset Sport (I don't think the Stb branch has them in stock)

It's 100% synthetic. Made in SA. Sort of medium to thin thickness. More grippy than Falke (my feed kept sliding around on inclines). And it...just....feels nice.

I even use them for MTB'ing ....

Edited by Koei

Surely the answer is to find a pair of shoes that fits properly? Find a brand that is available in 2e fits or a model that is wider than most such as the asics sonoma. Also, half sizes are not wider fits.

• 1 year later...

Bought the Tour magazine box set that came with 3 pairs of socks....damn fine socks I have to tell you. Plus a buff too.

If the magazine box set is available in ZA and you need socks buy it.

Good read too

Bought the Tour magazine box set that came with 3 pairs of socks....damn fine socks I have to tell you. Plus a buff too.

If the magazine box set is available in ZA and you need socks buy it.

Good read too

If someone finds this Tour Magazine Box Set in SA, please let us know, would be interested.