SRAM introduces 12-speed Eagle drivetrains

News bot

SRAM introduced the first ever, purpose built 1x drivetrain, and is the absolute leader in 1x technology and innovation. We have manufactured, tested and ridden hundreds of thousands of SRAM 1x drivetrains, and have capitalized on the lessons learned from our experience to create all new drivetrains with Eagle Technology. Eagle drivetrains provide unparalleled performance, enhanced toughness and durability, and the freedom of a 500 percent gear range.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, so you can run a bigger chain ring and get some top end speed, yet still climb out any climb.

only thing though, the engineering dept clearly broke into the marketing dept office at night and changed what I am sure would have been a very catchy and sexy name for the new 1 x 12 groupsets, and these engineers spent the whole night coming up with something that got them excited .... enter "eagle" ..... not a very sexy name :P for a groupset.

anyhow, these engineers have certainly been doing stellar work at SRAM as of late, so they are allowed to get away with it!

Us sorry sods in SA are going to *** and BETAAL for this,but the guys who have the cash will lay it whithout a blink of an eye.

Its only slightly more expensive than the current XX1 and XO1 groups. 

Remember t switch over from 11 to 12 you just need

shifter

derailleur

chain

cassette

chainring

You can keep your existing chainset if its a 1x with direct mount compatible

<crackle>

Houston, Tranquility base here,............confirm............the Eagle has landed.........<Crackle>

<more Crackle> Tranquiity,...........Houston affirmative, ...........The Eagle has landed........<raptorous applause>

Well they certainly chose the right guy to narrate the ads.
Hell with a voice like that it must be the truth.

Morgan Freeman
James Earl Jones
David Attinborough

SRAM Guy :thumbup: