Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

I'm starting this thread for all Wahoo Kickr's owners to chat and exchange ideas, comments etc....

Just bought a Kickr+Blue HR + Blue SC

Wife will use the Blue HR and Blue SC on her bike to pair with the iPad 4 mini and iPhone

I will use the Blue HR + Stages (for cadence) paired with my laptop ANT+ USB.

For me will be paired with either iPhone 6 and/or MAC or Garmin 810

For wife will be paired with either iPhone 5s or iPad 4 mini.

Already downloaded Wahoo Fitness and Hurts Ergo.

Looking at TrainerRoad, also looking at Golden Cheetah.

of course also at Zwift, for this I got the Garmin ANT+ USB dongle

Comments, suggestions?

G

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting this thread for all Wahoo Kickr's owners to chat and exchange ideas, comments etc....

Just bought a Kickr+Blue HR + Blue SC

Wife will use the Blue HR and Blue SC on her bike to pair with the iPad 4 mini and iPhone

I will use the Blue HR + Stages (for cadence) paired with my laptop ANT+ USB.

For me will be paired with either iPhone 6 and/or MAC or Garmin 810

For wife will be paired with either iPhone 5s or iPad 4 mini.

Already downloaded Wahoo Fitness and Hurts Ergo.

Looking at TrainerRoad, also looking at Golden Cheetah.

of course also at Zwift, for this I got the Garmin ANT+ USB dongle

Comments, suggestions?

G

Get yourself a training plan from Today's Plan. 2 Week free trial and beyond that it's really not expensive considering what you get. Flawless integration with the Kickr and will elevate your training and fitness.

Today's plan?

Google here we come.

G

Get yourself a training plan from Today's Plan. 2 Week free trial and beyond that it's really not expensive considering what you get. Flawless integration with the Kickr and will elevate your training and fitness.

I was pretty Nuch set on buying the Elite real turbo muin B+, then ended chatting to Dcrainmaker first the last week,

Then reached out to both distributors locally...

Christian and Sean both responded, quickly, with answers, extremely helpful etc etc never made me feel I'm bothering them,

Elite down in Cape Town... No email reply, phoned them, response, no stock it's on it's way, no eta shared, price, unknown, share my email and they will let me know before COB Tuesday, still waiting...

easy enough, went with the Kickr.

G

www.todaysplan.com.au

Review HERE

Wahoo has two trainers, the Snap and the KICKR. DC Rainmaker has a great comparison HERE

Had a KICKR for three months to review. Review HERE.

I use Kinomap .I don,t really want a a coach like today,s plan .I fractured my collarbone 5 days ago and have to keep on training so Kickr it is for now .Took out a subscription for a year at $69 and can access routes all over the world using an ipad and wifi .There are realistic scenic 10min short rides and warm up rides  to ALP d,hue z and other Cols .I only have an ads  line with wifi and it works fine .Blue HR works well .If you want to ride Strava sections u will need the cadence sensor also .I also have the software installed on my Samsung 6 { wahoo trainer and kinomap }coh 

Edited by Blitzer

I use PerfPro Studio which have plenty different training modes. Power training at its best.

think the licence was also in the region of $69.

Zwift is also very nice to use.

I am also waiting to see what programmes the guys gooi on here.

Defn gonna try Kinnomap aswell.

Need to get an ant+ or Bluetooth 4.0 dongle for my laptop. Seems Android isn't as well supported as Apple and Windows. Plus, the bigger screen would be welcome.

Iwan

Curve ball.

Their iPhone/iPad app just shows the analytics/results.

The only way to control the Wahoo Kickr is via their Android app...

Back to Trainerroad.

Works on iPhone and iPad for the wife and iPhone and MAC for me.

G

www.todaysplan.com.au

Review HERE

Wahoo has two trainers, the Snap and the KICKR. DC Rainmaker has a great comparison HERE

Had a KICKR for three months to review. Review HERE.

Edited by awesme

Was 5 miles down the road looking at TodaysPlan as a source of what to do... then discovered their current only support Android to control the Kickr, although they have a iOS app to view the data.

For the next month it will be me and the trainer, looking at maybe using a coach also to manage/help, thats also why Todaysplan was so attractive.

How engaging is the people behind TrainerRoad?

G

Luuuurv my Kickr!!!

Use TrainerRoad almost exclusively on my Mac (via ANT+) while watching ShowMax, based on amazing training plan from PainCave.co.za.

Kickr, Garmin SC (with the speed magnet on the crank cos I lost the other one - but it works), Garmin HR, AntStick and Zwift. plus a Fenix3 to assist with giving me normalised power and all if I wan it.

Then get a training plan. Zwift Workout mode for intervals in erg mode will hurt you like you have no idea.

And then Wahoo Utility to calibrate the Kickr every now and then.

Use cyclinganalytics plus a coach/mate to assist with training plan and analysis.

Question,

Prob apps.

TrainerRoad

Zwift

HurtsErgo

WahooFitness

and Today'sPlan once they release a iOS and MAC app that allows you to control Kickr.

My bike has a Stages Power Meter Arm,

The plan is to use that to provide the cadence (to apps).

I have to pair with the Kickr to control it. Once I've paired with the Kickr this will then also give me a power,

Normally the Sages would be paired with the Edge 810, which then gives the 810 Power and Cadence. be that pairing over ANT+ or BLE

It makes sense to always use the Stages as the source of Power in addition to cadence, implying my power source on the trainer or out in the bush is always the same.

Just wondering if the apps allow me to choose the source of my Power/watt if it has multiple visible power source.

G

Edited by awesme

Answering my own question...

With the newest Kickr firmware it allows the Stages arm to be paired with the Kickr directly via ANT+ by providing cadence and power to the kickr and that then comes to the app/computer/iPad/iPhone via BLE.

G

Question

Anyone got a Cannonade Scalpel fitted onto a Wahoo Kickr. parts in the 12x142 kit does not seem enough/correct for the frame.

G