Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

R3200

https://www.takealot.com/apple-tv-32gb-4th-generation/PLID46989298?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrrmXu_r76QIVSLDtCh2rLglrEAQYASABEgJnGPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and that is for a new one, this is for a pain cafe... get a older one, sure they be available online, 2nd hand.

G

Keep in mind that the "4K" one, which is about R4000 (what, 25% more expensive than a few months ago...) is significantly more powerful than the "4th Generation" one, much better for Zwift.

Shane Millar did a comparison, a few years back. I think Zwift has enabled some higher details on the 4K since then

https://youtu.be/6KVkjmeW6AM?t=652

Edited by HdB

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1 year old Kickr 4. I rode the  TdF stage on Zwift yesterday and while resistance is being applied, like on a climb, the unit was making a frikken loud noise. It sounded like metal rubbing on metal squealing. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix at home or if I need to take it in for a service. If it needs a service, where does one take it?

Edit:- I just did another ride and the sound is more like that squeal you get from your fanbelt in a car.

Edited by Friedpiggy

True...

But are you putting a tv up that’s able to also display all that extra resolution.

Most of us will build a pain cave with something like a 30odd inch lower spec tv... which can’t display that higher resolution anyhow.

Also higher resolution means you stream (request) a higher stream resolution. Is you link good enough for that.

If the tv is bigger in the man cafe, of a better quality... and also be used for say TdF via say RedBull tv... then sure.

Also remember you don’t run Zwift or TrainerRoad on your Apple TV, you only cast to it from the phone or pad.

G

Keep in mind that the "4K" one, which is about R4000 (what, 25% more expensive than a few months ago...) is significantly more powerful than the "4th Generation" one, much better for Zwift.

Shane Millar did a comparison, a few years back. I think Zwift has enabled some higher details on the 4K since then

https://youtu.be/6KVkjmeW6AM?t=652

They don’t mKe noise. Have it checked out.

Christiaan is here so he should be able to tell you who your closest dealer is that can assist.

G

I have a 1 year old Kickr 4. I rode the TdF stage on Zwift yesterday and while resistance is being applied, like on a climb, the unit was making a frikken loud noise. It sounded like metal rubbing on metal squealing. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix at home or if I need to take it in for a service. If it needs a service, where does one take it?

Edit:- I just did another ride and the sound is more like that squeal you get from your fanbelt in a car.

True...

But are you putting a tv up that’s able to also display all that extra resolution.

Most of us will build a pain cave with something like a 30odd inch lower spec tv... which can’t display that higher resolution anyhow.

Also higher resolution means you stream (request) a higher stream resolution. Is you link good enough for that.

If the tv is bigger in the man cafe, of a better quality... and also be used for say TdF via say RedBull tv... then sure.

Also remember you don’t run Zwift or TrainerRoad on your Apple TV, you only cast to it from the phone or pad.

G

This is just factually wrong on every level.

Zwift is a native app on the Apple TV and you don't stream anything. That's why it's a ~1.6GB install.

Edited by Showtime

Those having issues connecting via BT on Win10 laptop - I just spent hours getting it to work.

Win10 needs to have the latest service pack downloaded and all up to date.

I could see both my BT HR & Core in the "Add BT device" but it wouldnt connect and both TR and Zwift could not pick them up. In fact TR beta app indicated my laptop radios were switched off.

It seems Win10 sets all BT devices to start manually - they need to be configured to start automatically.

Here is a link that explains it - Once i followed all the steps as well as making sure all my BT applications had the latest drivers it now works perfectly

https://windowsreport.com/bluetooth-wont-turn-on-windows-8/

I'm waititng for my Ant+ dongle to get Win10 to have both options hopefully the Ant+ setup will not be as difficult.

However running off a laptop will mean you need a good CPU/GPU or the picture on the TV becomes jumpy - especially Zwift - TR will work fine as long as you have min 4meg RAM & BT4.0 min.

If you having issues with TR then download their Beta version it seems to work better

Currently I run both TR and Zwift off an Iphone 6+ (mounted on handlebar for touch screen control) cast to a 50" 4K TV with HDMI cable (Lightning to HDMI adaptor from apple but get the one that you can keep the phone on charge it has both a female HDMI & Lightning port ) I run JOOX at the same time for music which casts through same HDMI cable to tv and from tv to music center. 

thanks for correcting me.

G

This is just factually wrong on every level.

Zwift is a native app on the Apple TV and you don't stream anything. That's why it's a ~1.6GB install.

Those having issues connecting via BT on Win10 laptop - I just spent hours getting it to work.

Win10 needs to have the latest service pack downloaded and all up to date.

I could see both my BT HR & Core in the "Add BT device" but it wouldnt connect and both TR and Zwift could not pick them up. In fact TR beta app indicated my laptop radios were switched off.

It seems Win10 sets all BT devices to start manually - they need to be configured to start automatically.

Here is a link that explains it - Once i followed all the steps as well as making sure all my BT applications had the latest drivers it now works perfectly

https://windowsreport.com/bluetooth-wont-turn-on-windows-8/

I'm waititng for my Ant+ dongle to get Win10 to have both options hopefully the Ant+ setup will not be as difficult.

However running off a laptop will mean you need a good CPU/GPU or the picture on the TV becomes jumpy - especially Zwift - TR will work fine as long as you have min 4meg RAM & BT4.0 min.

If you having issues with TR then download their Beta version it seems to work better

Currently I run both TR and Zwift off an Iphone 6+ (mounted on handlebar for touch screen control) cast to a 50" 4K TV with HDMI cable (Lightning to HDMI adaptor from apple but get the one that you can keep the phone on charge it has both a female HDMI & Lightning port ) I run JOOX at the same time for music which casts through same HDMI cable to tv and from tv to music center. 

No setup for ANT+ dongle.

Plug it in, open Zwift and your devices will appear  :thumbup:

No setup for ANT+ dongle.

Plug it in, open Zwift and your devices will appear  :thumbup:

Thats good to hear - Ultimately i want to run off a laptop with screen wirelessly cast to the TV

• 4 weeks later...

Good day, has anyone had issues connecting the trainer via Ant+ on windows 10, desktop, I see my wahoo cadence sensor, heart rate but it does not see the trainer. I am using Rouvy.

Good day, has anyone had issues connecting the trainer via Ant+ on windows 10, desktop, I see my wahoo cadence sensor, heart rate but it does not see the trainer. I am using Rouvy.

I had this problem the other day - For some reason my trainer (Kickr Core) lights were off both the ANT+ and BT lights, but it was all plugged in. I unplugged it completely and then plugged it all in again - been working perfect since then. 

I leave my trainer plugged in 24/7 so maybe it was because of loadshedding i also hear its not a good idea to leave the trainer plugged in all the time.

Eskom Power it is never good to leave anything plugged in if not being used... if you can help it.

I have a Inverter/Solar panels/batteries and you won't believe how many warnings/notices of over and under input voltage and voltage spikes i get from my system daily.

G

I had this problem the other day - For some reason my trainer (Kickr Core) lights were off both the ANT+ and BT lights, but it was all plugged in. I unplugged it completely and then plugged it all in again - been working perfect since then. 

I leave my trainer plugged in 24/7 so maybe it was because of loadshedding i also hear its not a good idea to leave the trainer plugged in all the time.

• 3 months later...

And just like that my Kickr Core stops sending output for power, cadence, and speed.

Apparently a known issue with faulty boards or something. Ticket logged with the distributors.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there something I’m maybe missing?

I've not had a day of problems with my 2 Kicker Gen 1's.

One is 4 yrs old now and the 2nd is 2yrs, or well the 2nd I've had for 2 years, it's a pre owned so also close to 3/4 yrs old.

Christiaan will sort you out.

G

And just like that my Kickr Core stops sending output for power, cadence, and speed.

Apparently a known issue with faulty boards or something. Ticket logged with the distributors.

I've not had a day of problems with my 2 Kicker Gen 1's.

One is 4 yrs old now and the 2nd is 2yrs, or well the 2nd I've had for 2 years, it's a pre owned so also close to 3/4 yrs old.

Christiaan will sort you out.

G

A quick google search revealed that a buildup of static electricity can fry the sensors on the Core due to shielding issues.

Ouch. Last used it on Friday night with Sufferfest. Quite a vigorous session.

I’m really bummed out right now. I’m off the MTB for about two weeks nursing an injury and the IDT was the only training i could do. My Sufferfest 6 week training program begins today as well.

I’m going to be an insufferable twat to live with for a while ????

Happened to me middle of lockdown, is an ESD fault and a known issue https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/01/wahoo-ceo-details-fixes-for-issues-surrounding-kickr-2018-kickr-core.html

Wahoo replaced mine under warranty even though was 6 months out of warranty