Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! Please confirm:

Will a 10speed 12-25 cassette be fine for indoor training on zwift on kickr core.

I’m buying a cheap road bike as my MTB is taking some strain on the trainer

I would take the cassette off the road bike and put it on the trainer.

Anyone been having issues with the ERG mode in Zwift lately? Did a workout for the first time in a while this evening and I simply could not take the signal drops anymore, so I ended the workout early. 

I know the hardware is finnicky when there is other hardware around (BT earphones, tablets etc), but it seems erratic, working fine the one day and rubbish the next. 

Hi everyone! Please confirm:

Will a 10speed 12-25 cassette be fine for indoor training on zwift on kickr core.

I’m buying a cheap road bike as my MTB is taking some strain on the trainer

The core doesn't come with a cassette, but your road bike does, so if you take the cassette off the wheel and put it on the trainer, it should work fine. Be sure to add any spacers that may be required. Your LBS should be able to help if you get stuck

Obviously, your wheel won't have a cassette, so you won't be able to hop on the road bike and ride - unless it was on the trainer!

I was thinking of leaving the cassette on the wheel and buy a new cassette, if you still can get 10speed 12-25 cassettes?

Its a very cheap road bike but will only be used for indoor training, so workout and freerides on zwift, just dont want to spin out in freerides like with mtb currently.

Anyone been having issues with the ERG mode in Zwift lately? Did a workout for the first time in a while this evening and I simply could not take the signal drops anymore, so I ended the workout early.

I know the hardware is finnicky when there is other hardware around (BT earphones, tablets etc), but it seems erratic, working fine the one day and rubbish the next.

I have, driving me mad. Won’t control for first 5-10 min of workout. Happening on my new Kickr Core, as well as my Tacx Bushido Smart.

Argh mode

I have, driving me mad. Won’t control for first 5-10 min of workout. Happening on my new Kickr Core, as well as my Tacx Bushido Smart.

Argh mode

Yip. Will have to perservere! 

I was thinking of leaving the cassette on the wheel and buy a new cassette, if you still can get 10speed 12-25 cassettes?

Its a very cheap road bike but will only be used for indoor training, so workout and freerides on zwift, just dont want to spin out in freerides like with mtb currently.

Should work just fine, it is what I am currently running on my trainer. Albeit a wheel-on trainer.

Another thing you can do to mitigate the spin-out on descents is to Reduce the trainer difficulty in the settings of Zwift. This will give you more resistance on downhills, allowing you to pedal even when your avatar is doing 90km/h.

also having / had some issues with my Direto X on Zwift in ERG mode. and feels like Zwift is changing the resistance on an incline/decline eventhough the workout is set on ERG.

get the cheapest 10 speed cassette and you're golden

Just keep an eye on cassette and chain wear. since it's indoors, your cleaning regime can be quite slack, but still needs some attention from time to time

Edited by lechatnoir

So with all the ERG issues.....anyone know how to solve the problem or what?

tbh I think the problem is unsolvable. I think it's a software (Zwift issue) and not the hardware. Going to try a " regular"  ride this evening (no ERG), see if there are any drops.

tbh I think the problem is unsolvable. I think it's a software (Zwift issue) and not the hardware. Going to try a " regular"  ride this evening (no ERG), see if there are any drops.

Please give feedback ;-)

I have had drop even with Rouvy in ERG mode will try is one day with the WIFI switched off with LAN cable plugged, phone bluetooth off, then I will report back. I must honest I did not have it as bad as the one post by Mecheng89.