Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

Please give feedback ;-)

Didn't ride this evening, will give it  bash tomorrow, if my bottom doesn't hit the couch first. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So with all the ERG issues.....anyone know how to solve the problem or what?

Assuming you are using Ant+ with a USB dongle...

I place the dongle as close to the rear of the Kickr as possible - either just behind or hang it off my rear brake caliper using a USB extension cable - this solved a lot of the drop issues I was having at the time

post-63970-0-14038100-1614319905_thumb.png

Literally moved my laptop forward by 2cm, and the amount of drops reduced a lot, those you see there were not significant enough for me to pick up. Going to buy an extended USB female to male cable this weekend.

Are you running in ANT or Bluetooth mode. After my Garmin HRM failed, i have a Tickr now and the whole system runs off Bluetooth without issues. I have wirelsss mouse, but the rest is hardwired for my setup. Not had any drops for a long time. Running Kickr 4 on Rouvy.

Are you running in ANT or Bluetooth mode. After my Garmin HRM failed, i have a Tickr now and the whole system runs off Bluetooth without issues. I have wirelsss mouse, but the rest is hardwired for my setup. Not had any drops for a long time. Running Kickr 4 on Rouvy.

ANT+ only. I understand that your Companion App can act as a BT bridge between your trainer and the software? 

Kickr has been making a crappy noise last 2 ride but goes away. Anyone know where i can get it serviced or looked at. Bought it second hand on the hub but no issues last 7 months until now

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any advice before I contact the guys at iKhambi...

Kickr 3 & almost done 10 000KM on it.

Was on a Zwift free ride this morning when all of a sudden the power went all over the place. Hardly had to turn the pedals and I was seeing a huge amount of power- so much so that I got all the Power Badges in Zwift unintentionally.

I stopped my ride and tried to un-pair the sensors from Zwift and repair - no luck.

Quit the ride, exited Zwift, unplugged the unit, plugged it in again and tried to do a spindown - spindown failed. I tried to redo the spindown but no luck.

I'm wondering if the unit is kaput??

Hi guys,

Was on a Zwift free ride this morning when all of a sudden the power went all over the place. Hardly had to turn the pedals and I was seeing a huge amount of power- so much so that I got all the Power Badges in Zwift unintentionally.

I stopped my ride and tried to un-pair the sensors from Zwift and repair - no luck.

Quit the ride, exited Zwift, unplugged the unit, plugged it in again and tried to do a spindown - spindown failed. I tried to redo the spindown but no luck.

I had the exact same issue,my power meter had moisture inside, this caused the unit to bug out. removed power meter and it was sorted

I had the exact same issue,my power meter had moisture inside, this caused the unit to bug out. removed power meter and it was sorted

Thanks for the reply... Power meter inside the Kickr?

Hi guys,

Overheating sensor .Get a fan on the unit 

Overheating sensor .Get a fan on the unit 

I thought about that but was averaging 165 watts for 40km's.... I've gone much harder and longer than that with no issues.

Just got back from the guys at Ikhambi...

I'm totally amazed at their customer service - I'm a Wahooligan for life as a result of this!

So this was the culprit of my issue experienced yesterday - faulty motherboard.

For those of you interested here's a pic of where the BT/ANT+ chip is located - perhaps it'll help with those of you who are experiencing dropouts.

post-83519-0-70774900-1620651150_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all, I am sure it has been asked before, My Kickr disconnects from Zwift the whole time, any suggestions, I am going to try a USB extension tonight to get the Dongle closer to the Kickr, anything else that I should look for?