Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

1 hour ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Good morning all, I am sure it has been asked before, My Kickr disconnects from Zwift the whole time, any suggestions, I am going to try a USB extension tonight to get the Dongle closer to the Kickr, anything else that I should look for?

Hey,

See my post above yours - I'd deff get an extension and position the dongle near the LED's....

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also use zwiftalizer.com to analyse your ride and any connectivity issues.

Go to the site, import the log file from your ride, and you will get a breakdown on network errors, connection attempts etc.

8 minutes ago, RudolphG said:

You can also use zwiftalizer.com to analyse your ride and any connectivity issues.

Go to the site, import the log file from your ride, and you will get a breakdown on network errors, connection attempts etc.

WOW, THANKS

I recently bought a Wahoo Kickr Core and have been trying unsuccessfully to update the firmware and to perform a spindown. With regard to the firmware update, my app indicates that it is checking the firmware version, but basically hangs there forever. I haven't found anything online with this specific issue. With regard to the spindown, I initiate the spindown, the app says that it is initialising, and then similarly to the firmware update, it just hangs. Has anyone had the same issue or know how to solve it?

1 minute ago, JimmyTheGoat said:

I recently bought a Wahoo Kickr Core and have been trying unsuccessfully to update the firmware and to perform a spindown. With regard to the firmware update, my app indicates that it is checking the firmware version, but basically hangs there forever. I haven't found anything online with this specific issue. With regard to the spindown, I initiate the spindown, the app says that it is initialising, and then similarly to the firmware update, it just hangs. Has anyone had the same issue or know how to solve it?

I can't really speak about firmware upgrades as my units hasn't need one in ages but regarding spindowns, this is my advice:

- Make sure that no other apps are open other than the Wahoo App on your phone- this includes closing training apps (on phone/pc/tablet etc) that could be communicating with your trainer.

- Try disconnect any other Bluetooth devices which your phone is connected to.

- Open the Wahoo App (make sure it's the latest version), select your trainer and then try perform a spindown.

If this fails, call Sean at Ikhambi (087 654 1940)

23 minutes ago, JimmyTheGoat said:

Make sure the only thing connected to your phone via BT is your Kickr and also make sure any training apps like Zwift & or TR are closed and the trainer is not connected to them. If that fails logout of Wahoo app and log back in. If that fails disconnect and reconnect the trainer under sensors in the app. If that fails delete the Wahoo app and re-download it.

If that fails call 911

... BTLE is single client... so the BTLE send/receiver on the Kicker can only pair with one device at a time.

To make it simpler, do similar on your phone, make sure not other BTLE devices are connected to it.

G

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting fad-up with this drop in connection, I have mailed Ikhambi and they asked me to do some type of test, the picture below is my power drops, with a 3 Meter USB extension, WIFI switched off, Laptop linked to internet with  LAN Cable. Phone Bluetooth switched off that I use for music. How do I detect what other signal is in the room to eliminate it?

power data.jpg

Does it do the same if you, as a test, put the laptop right next to you, without the extension cable?

Also, I understand some USB ports don't provide as much power as others, so maybe combined with the long cable the ANT+ dongle (I assume) isn't getting enough juice?

I added a powered USB hub on the counter next to me, and the Bluetooth and ANT+ dongles plugged into it. No dropouts, except when you step on the long USB cable in the wrong place ????‍♂️

37 minutes ago, HdB said:

Does it do the same if you, as a test, put the laptop right next to you, without the extension cable?

Also, I understand some USB ports don't provide as much power as others, so maybe combined with the long cable the ANT+ dongle (I assume) isn't getting enough juice?

I added a powered USB hub on the counter next to me, and the Bluetooth and ANT+ dongles plugged into it. No dropouts, except when you step on the long USB cable in the wrong place ????‍♂️

Ok, I will try that next, although, I had it plugged directly into the laptop before which would make it about 1.2 meters from the Kickr 

On 6/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

I am getting fad-up with this drop in connection, I have mailed Ikhambi and they asked me to do some type of test, the picture below is my power drops, with a 3 Meter USB extension, WIFI switched off, Laptop linked to internet with  LAN Cable. Phone Bluetooth switched off that I use for music. How do I detect what other signal is in the room to eliminate it?

power data.jpg

Look at these drops. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by mecheng89
Spelling