Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

48 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

It seems like the other Garmin Ant+ dongle sorted my problems.

I bought a cheapo Ant+ dongle on Takealot and it's unreliable when using Trainerroad and Zwift together. Trainerroad on its own is 100%. I can't be sure, but I think Zwift is the gremlin

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/24/2021 at 7:09 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

Good morning all, I am sure it has been asked before, My Kickr disconnects from Zwift the whole time, any suggestions, I am going to try a USB extension tonight to get the Dongle closer to the Kickr, anything else that I should look for?

+1 for a USB extension. Wrap the dongle and the socket in clingwrap for errant sweat drops and put it right by the trainer

Hello Wahooligans, 

ZWIFT has had some challenges in the past with dropouts and have a tendency to be more prevalent on Windows machines. In most cases the dropouts have nothing to do with hardware, but sits in the software itself. 

Please refer to this ZwiftInsider with some troubleshooting:

https://forums.zwift.com/t/bluetooth-connection-keeps-dropping/33984/2

Wahoo offers the direct connection into the Wahoo KICKR 5 should you be a serious e-racer that can not afford any dropouts during a race or training session. 

Again to emphasise, in most cases the software is at fault regardless of your trainer brand. 

Our support team remains available should you need to reach out to them and a support ticket can also be logged on www.ikhambi.co.za

Cheers!

Your Local Wahooligan 

2 minutes ago, Christian van Zyl said:

Hello Wahooligans, 

ZWIFT has had some challenges in the past with dropouts and have a tendency to be more prevalent on Windows machines. In most cases the dropouts have nothing to do with hardware, but sits in the software itself. 

Please refer to this ZwiftInsider with some troubleshooting:

https://forums.zwift.com/t/bluetooth-connection-keeps-dropping/33984/2

Wahoo offers the direct connection into the Wahoo KICKR 5 should you be a serious e-racer that can not afford any dropouts during a race or training session. 

Again to emphasise, in most cases the software is at fault regardless of your trainer brand. 

Our support team remains available should you need to reach out to them and a support ticket can also be logged on www.ikhambi.co.za

Cheers!

Your Local Wahooligan 

Just for interest sake, would ikhabi offer any trade ins? if so at what pay in?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue added the extension still have the issue but not on Zwift, Zwift works 100%
so does most other programs 

the one I battle the most with is sufferfest

if it wasn’t such a Lekke program I would have had an iPhone wall incident looong ago

Its strange because Zwift works very well even if me and my daughter ride together and we use our phones Bluetooth for music

no issues

Sufferfest no one is allowed to have their phones on Bluetooth or data or it drops continuously 

and we got proper fibre

i think the Bluetooth to iPhone mirror on to Apple TV just confuses  Sufferfest 

my mate uses his laptop no issues

3 hours ago, Christian van Zyl said:

Hey Dexter, We do not facilitate trade ins, but would reach out to your LBS and ask the question. 

Not a bad idea. 

Thanks Christian, all sorted, it was the ant+ Dongle, I had a very small one, changed to a Garmin dongle and zero drops in an hour.

In a market where products are not really functionally distinguishable, service makes the difference.

Here is my story:

Just before the 1st lockdown I ordered two Kickr Cores from CWC and received them sometime in May/June.

A few weeks ago one stopped picking up the power sensor and I called Ikhmbi, the agents who are based in Pretoria who said I was welcome to just drop it off with them for evaluation if it was more convenient than returning it via the dealer. 

This I did and shortly got an email that it is being replaced and asking how they could get it to me. I said I'd pick it up and it was waiting for me at the arranged time. 

I forgot to take the cassette off or ask for it, but 1 call was all it took to get it back yo me.

If you are in two minds about which  trainer to get, I recommend a Kickr for no reason other than the service from the local agents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 10:59 AM, eddy said:

In a market where products are not really functionally distinguishable, service makes the difference.

Here is my story:

Just before the 1st lockdown I ordered two Kickr Cores from CWC and received them sometime in May/June.

A few weeks ago one stopped picking up the power sensor and I called Ikhmbi, the agents who are based in Pretoria who said I was welcome to just drop it off with them for evaluation if it was more convenient than returning it via the dealer. 

This I did and shortly got an email that it is being replaced and asking how they could get it to me. I said I'd pick it up and it was waiting for me at the arranged time. 

I forgot to take the cassette off or ask for it, but 1 call was all it took to get it back yo me.

If you are in two minds about which  trainer to get, I recommend a Kickr for no reason other than the service from the local agents.

I've got 2 units, and have had nothing but amazing service from Christiaan and his team.

I got my first unit early, 2015... but would agree, in 6 yrs, they set the standard re how to look after customers.

G

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 4:26 PM, DR ◣◢ said:

Absolutely stellar service from Ikambi 

They went through the full diagnostics process with me and unfortunately the trainer is dead. 

They arranged the RMA process today and the replacement unit will be with me on Friday. Just wow! 

I have to agree on their amazing service. I also had stellar support from the Ikhambi team. 

My Kickr Core also died due to an ESD error. I sent them a video as proof and the invoice.  Even though it was out of warranty and I was the 2nd owner, they still sent me replacement in record time. 

Happy to support and recommend to friends

1 hour ago, WW87 said:

I have to agree on their amazing service. I also had stellar support from the Ikhambi team. 

My Kickr Core also died due to an ESD error. I sent them a video as proof and the invoice.  Even though it was out of warranty and I was the 2nd owner, they still sent me replacement in record time. 

Happy to support and recommend to friends

Christiaans service wrt the Kickr products has always been a benchmark for the rest of the industry to try and follow.

G

• 2 weeks later...

I was so impressed when iKhambi, showed today, the reason why I tell everyone to buy a wahoo is true. The service. Logged a ticket sent video on Tuesday showing the noises trainer makes. Today a replacement unit arrives. That's mos how its supposed to be done.