Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

1 minute ago, ebotma said:

I was so impressed when iKhambi, showed today, the reason why I tell everyone to buy a wahoo is true. The service. Logged a ticket sent video on Tuesday showing the noises trainer makes. Today a replacement unit arrives. That's mos how its supposed to be done.

How old is the unit?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Boxed up my Core about two months ago before moving house. Original box  

Finally finished the gym setup and got the Kickr setup and ready to go. 

Something doesn’t sound right though. As if it hums louder than before. 

Phone placed below the flywheel. 

Box was not dropped during the move  

8 minutes ago, thebob said:

Bearings are on their way out

Getting gatvol of the quality of Wahoo. 

This unit was a warranty replacement in November 2020. Maybe 1500km done on it. 

Ill put in another claim i guess. 

Honestly, I think there is a market for a kit for Kickr owners (for units out of warranty) to remove and reinstall bearings. That way we could get a set of proper NSK, SKF or FAG bearings and not have to worry for ages about them crapping out. 

So I finally joined the smart trainer family with a kickr core a few weeks ago. I was told I get 6 months free sufferfest, then when registering, I saw somewhere on the site it said 2 months. Then once registered it tunes me 14 days. So I'm like 14 odd days in and sufferfest has done nothing for me but send a few mails with a bunch of rubbish in it but as far as a program or anything worth using, nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

Did anyone manage to get the free 6 month sufferfest? Is it worth pursuing it or should I just look into another app? 

Either way, I'll need to get one of the apps going forward. Advice on which one please.......

16 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

So I finally joined the smart trainer family with a kickr core a few weeks ago. I was told I get 6 months free sufferfest, then when registering, I saw somewhere on the site it said 2 months. Then once registered it tunes me 14 days. So I'm like 14 odd days in and sufferfest has done nothing for me but send a few mails with a bunch of rubbish in it but as far as a program or anything worth using, nothing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

Did anyone manage to get the free 6 month sufferfest? Is it worth pursuing it or should I just look into another app? 

Either way, I'll need to get one of the apps going forward. Advice on which one please.......

Welcome to the fam!

Can't comment on the Sufferfest as I haven't used it but this is what works best for me:

• Trainingpeaks premium - you can find coupon codes online for a discount on the yearly sub - it's worth it IMO as I use it to plan all my workouts using the calendar - the ability to drag n drop/copy pasta workouts is great.
    • Then I purchased a 3 month structured training plan within Trainingpeaks. Did an FTP test (in Zwift), did the 3 month plan, re-did an FTP test and started the same plan again by copy/pasta'ing it with my improved FTP test. That has worked great for me.
  • Zwift - I use this as my riding platform. Once linked to Trainingpeaks, your workouts appear in Zwift. I find that Zwift helps with the gamification/social aspect as it somewhat removes the monotony of indoor riding. Plus if you're into racing, you can do Zwift races/events.

Some folks swear by Trainer Road but I haven't used it so can't comment. I also find that the structured workouts which Zwift has are not great, hence my suggestion of using Trainingpeaks.

Shout if you get stuck ????

On 9/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, Long Wheel Base said:

When you signup to Sufferfest you get 14 days free. When you register on Wahoo you should get a code emailed to you that is a $30 voucher that gives you 2 months on Sufferfest. So after the 14 days trial you have to select a plan and enter that code which basically pays for your first 2 months. 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:45 PM, Long Wheel Base said:

TrainerRoad for when you serious - I have an invite you can have - think you get 12 months for the price of 11 months with the invite

Zwift for when you get bored with TrainerRoad 

3 minutes ago, madmarc said:

TrainerRoad for when you serious - I have an invite you can have - think you get 12 months for the price of 11 months with the invite

Zwift for when you get bored with TrainerRoad 

They've done away with referrals, and introduced a 7-day free trial.

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

They've done away with referrals, and introduced a 7-day free trial.

Thanks for that info - Shows how out of touch i am at the moment with my IDT ????

32 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Thanks for that info - Shows how out of touch i am at the moment with my IDT ????

It was a recent change, I think about two weeks ago. I only know as a I got a mail from them, even though I'm not a subscriber.

Hey guys

I have the Kickr Gen 1 and remember seeing someone offering an "upgrade kit" for the Kickr 1 to make it more silent? Do you know where I could find this?

Cheers