Why is buying just a Frame such an issue

Sidmouth

Im looking at the PYGA oneten, is it a heavy bike, I used a Spec Camber once and could not believe how sluggish it was, I need a true CX bike

Are you looking for CX bikes or XC bikes. Bit of a big difference!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking at the PYGA oneten, is it a heavy bike, I used a Spec Camber once and could not believe how sluggish it was, I need a true CX bike

How much is heavy?

It is a heavier frame and steers like a bus but some people like driving busses

It is a heavier frame and steers like a bus but some people like driving busses

Why does it steer like a bus?

I have ridden at least 20 different Pyga 110's and the only ones with slow, heavy steering were where the owner had fitted a long stem and wide bars.

Why does it steer like a bus?

I have ridden at least 20 different Pyga 110's and the only ones with slow, heavy steering were where the owner had fitted a long stem and wide bars.

New aquisition.Cut the bars and have a pretty normal stem.Comparing it to my Santa Cruz

Dragon Sports have Giant frames on their website ,but you have to order through a retailer

Thanks, I would have never known that, appreciated

I have a Trek Superfly, the thing is very light, but this is also why it breaks so often, so its a trade off, but After i rode that Camber i realised the Trail bike or agriculture equipment, CX you do 10% ST if you lucky so no point carried all the extra weight  

Edited by Sidmouth

What's the ratio of bike buyers to frame buyers.?

Could explain why frames are less freely available than bikes.

But surely they can be sourced if asked nicely and willing to exercise a little patience. (and pay a substantial premium)

Not sure that would be an accurate comparison.... How many people end up buying a new bike because they cannot get a new frame?

If frames were more readily available, I am sure I would have bought a few frames by now if this was the case. Case in point, I have the last model of the Epic Expert which only catered for one water bottle in the frame. if I was able to buy a mid level carbon Epic frame, I probably would have. But forking out SWorks money for a frame only is a bit steep. You can just buy a whole new mid level bike for that....

I have a Trek Superfly, the thing is very light, but this is also why it breaks so often, so its a trade off, but After i rode that Camber i realised the Trail bike or agriculture equipment, CX you do 10% ST if you lucky so no point carried all the extra weight  

Cyclo-cross (sometimes cyclocross, CX, CCX, cyclo-X or 'cross) is a form of bicycle racing. Races typically take place in the autumn and winter (the international or "World Cup" season is October–February), and consist of many laps of a short (2.5–3.5  km or 1.5–2  mile) course featuring pavement, wooded trails, grass, steep hills and obstacles requiring the rider to quickly dismount, carry the bike while navigating the obstruction and remount.[1][2] Races for senior categories are generally between 30 minutes and an hour long, with the distance varying depending on the ground conditions. The sport is strongest in the traditional road cycling countries such as Belgium (Flanders in particular), France and the Netherlands.

vs

Cross-country (XC) cycling is the most common discipline of mountain biking. Cross-country cycling became an Olympic sport in 1996 and is the only form of mountain biking practiced at the Olympics.[1]

Cross-country cycling is defined by the terrain on which it is performed. XC courses and trails consist of a mix of rough forest paths and singletrack (also referred to as doubletrack depending on width), smooth fireroads, and even paved paths connecting other trails. Riding or racing is also only deemed cross-country if the technical complexity of the trails is easy or moderate. Trails difficult even to experienced riders are more often dubbed "all-mountain", "freeride", or "downhill".

Bernard Horn, on 30 Mar 2016 - 4:29 PM, said:snapback.png

Dragon Sports have Giant frames on their website ,but you have to order through a retailer

Thanks, I would have never known that, appreciated

You can contact Cyclo Pro in P.E, they are agents for Giant.  The Giant Anthem is a very capable Cross Country and Marathon bike, currently raced by the Kargo MTB team.

We do a lot of custom builds. Currently busy with:

Pyga 120

Pyga Stage

Cotic Rocket 650B

Contraband

Custom Volcan

Aluminium frame Pyga 110 29er R22k

Aluminium frame Pyga 120 650B R22k

Aluminium frame Pyga 140 650B R24k

Carbon frame Pyga Stage R42k

Carbon frame Pyga Stage Max R41k

Sis Robo!! Why did you have to go post that!

You got a blue Stage in the shop?