Looking for a great bike shop in Johannesburg

gary'sstuff

Hi guys

I am coming to SA and will be in JOHANESSBURG for a few days I need some good recommendation for a great cycle shop.

I am looking for a MTB 29er dual. Want a shop that can offer me a great service correct fitting and just good business not a yuppie sale but honest passionate people that know there story

Any leads appreciated

Happy riding

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What area of Johannesburg you going to be in, will help to narrow down a shop local to where you will be.

I would never go back to a cajees unless they were the last shop on earth.

Also, avoid linden cycles- they want your money  but dont know what they are doing.

I've had a decent experience at the hub shop in rietvlei, to the far south, and a decent experience at cycle labs fourways to the far north.

you really ought to say where in jhb...

What Shaper said because joburg is big, if you based in the east rand you don't exactly want to be road tripping west everyday to get your new ride.

Guest notmyname

I would never go back to a cajees unless they were the last shop on earth.

Also, avoid linden cycles- they want your money but dont know what they are doing.

I've had a decent experience at the hub shop in rietvlei, to the far south, and a decent experience at cycle labs fourways to the far north.

you really ought to say where in jhb...

Cycle lab. Just want your money. HAHAHAHA!MADE MY DAY Dirk. ????

Cycle lab. Just want your money. HAHAHAHA!MADE MY DAY Dirk.

our experiences definitely differs. Cyclelab obviously want money, but they were very courteous and tried hard to help me (the bike electronic tech salesman's knowledge was poor). I did however learn some new things speaking to a head salesman near the shimano service centre.

CAJEES IN FOURWAYS. Look no further. :whistling:

+1000

sheesh guys, I know it's Friday but hell, if the OP didn't know any better he might just go to Caj**s and then we have a new thread on Monday about sh*tty advice given by hubbers..

Come on, be lekker. 

Edited by karma

The shop you're looking for is Swiss Cycles. Full on professionional Retul 3D Motion fitment system. And the BMC Fourstroke is a freaking awesome 29er full-sus. Give them a call and ask to speak to Justin.

1 Jellicoe Ave

Rosebank

(+27)11 880 2182

sales@swisscycles.co.za

http://www.swisscycles.co.za/

Hi guys

I am coming to SA and will be in JOHANESSBURG for a few days I need some good recommendation for a great cycle shop.

I am looking for a MTB 29er dual. Want a shop that can offer me a great service correct fitting and just good business not a yuppie sale but honest passionate people that know there story

Any leads appreciated

Happy riding

Hey, welcome :)

You gonna get many different reports, so I can just report based on my experience...

1) I don't like Cajees. Lots of stock, but not interested in helping you based on your needs, and a flipping chip on their shoulder

2) Linden Cycles is good. Value for money with a wide range. But very busy, so if you want good proper service, I would honestly go on a weekday between 9am and 3:30pm.

3) The Trailhead Bike Shop. Clean, with passionate guys. Not a whole lot of stock, but good quality stock. No entry level bikes, but again, good quality bikes if you can spend some money.

Edited by ByronH

Hey, welcome :)

You gonna get many different reports, so I can just report based on my experience...

1) I don't like Cajees. Lots of stock, but not interested in helping you based on your needs, and a flipping chip on their shoulder

2) Linden Cycles is good. Value for money with a wide range. But very busy, so if you want good proper service, I would honestly go on a weekday between 9am and 3:30pm.

3) The Trailhead Bike Shop. Clean, with passionate guys. Not a whole lot of stock, but good quality stock. No entry level bikes, but again, good quality bikes if you can spend some money.

I went to linden cycles on advice that they were good too, came back with a good shock in a worse condition than it was before, and they screwed up my rear XO dérailleur somehow, which i ended up fixing myself. All this hassles and all i wanted was them to service my shocks and rebuild my bike that i stripped and cleaned myself.