[Event] Napier PatatFees MTB Race - R 100 000 Lucky Draw!!

Naas Vermaak

Exactly why it was an issue, because you as organizer dont see it as an important thing hence why it was below par. Whats big to one person is not to another.

Lerouc

I was there when Naas was helping to deal with this issue, I can definitely say that he did not see it as an unimportant issue.

My entry and registration went well and the race and route were both fantastic!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lerouc

I was there when Naas was helping to deal with this issue, I can definitely say that he did not see it as an unimportant issue.

My entry and registration went well and the race and route were both fantastic!

I was talking in general that if something is a small issue to someone they wont give it the same attention as someone else who would think its a big issue, thats life.

I did the "contact us" thing on the Entry Ninja website on Saturday about them screwing up the race times of me and my dad. I have yet to get a response from them. 

lerouc,

Naas Vermaak has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Napier".

Naas Vermaak said:

More Lerouc, ek weet nie of jy die race kom doen het nie...sal nogal jammer wees as jy nie het nie. Kommentaar soos joune rig groot skade aan vir event organisers en ek wil jou vriendelik vra om dit nie te doen nie - jy's welkom om my persoonlik te kontak as iets jou pla waar dit my events aangaan of as ek jou persoonlik te na gekom het.
Cheers,
Naas

Naas, i am sorry if you think my comments was a personal attack on you, it was not, as stated in my comment earlier it was a comment in general regarding people and their different opinions on issues and the gravity regarding specific issues.

You said a stuff up at registration wont affect you from doing an event again, where for some people the humiliation of standing in a queue with other people around and then getting asked if you did pay or not might be a deciding factor. The exact same thing happened to me at the tru cape event 3 years ago, and guess what, i have never done this event again.

The nice thing about online forums are different people can give their opinion regarding a specific subject, hence you get different threads. So if you rather that everyone contact you directly and not publicly where everyone can see, ask the mods to close this threat but that kind of misses the point of a thread on an online forum.

Naas and everyone involved, what an awesome race and vibe and everything around it, it was nothing short of excellent! loved the route, it was challenging but yet enjoyable, the new section of singletrack on top of the big climb was cool but the scenery was breathtaking. well done and thank you very much for all the effort to make it a great success! Ill be back! ;)

I really enjoyed my ride!  Registration could have been better signposted (I had to ask a few people where to go) but once inside I got my pack quickly and easily (paid many months ago).

The route was great, but sheesh it was not suited to a hardtail!  I was getting shaken and bounced all over the place!  I loved it though.  Great views, great snacks at the water points (and awesome vibe from the people there).  Having someone finish in 2h30 though makes me feel like a donkey...

The worst part of the day for me was hanging around for three hours after I had finished and still not getting a lucky draw prize - especially as there were SO MANY prizes!!  I loved the prizegiving commentary though!  lolsies

I loved the beer too! And the start proceedings was epic, that intro part of Queen's 1986 performance at Wembley combined with the fireworks - Naas and the team really put everything in to make this a memorable event.  :clap:

I really enjoyed my ride!  Registration could have been better signposted (I had to ask a few people where to go) but once inside I got my pack quickly and easily (paid many months ago).

The route was great, but sheesh it was not suited to a hardtail!  I was getting shaken and bounced all over the place!  I loved it though.  Great views, great snacks at the water points (and awesome vibe from the people there).  Having someone finish in 2h30 though makes me feel like a donkey...

The worst part of the day for me was hanging around for three hours after I had finished and still not getting a lucky draw prize - especially as there were SO MANY prizes!!  I loved the prizegiving commentary though!  lolsies

Cracked myself up for Hendrik and Naas' comments  :lol:

lerouc,

Naas Vermaak has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Napier".

Naas Vermaak said:

More Lerouc, ek weet nie of jy die race kom doen het nie...sal nogal jammer wees as jy nie het nie. Kommentaar soos joune rig groot skade aan vir event organisers en ek wil jou vriendelik vra om dit nie te doen nie - jy's welkom om my persoonlik te kontak as iets jou pla waar dit my events aangaan of as ek jou persoonlik te na gekom het.

Cheers,

Naas

Naas, i am sorry if you think my comments was a personal attack on you, it was not, as stated in my comment earlier it was a comment in general regarding people and their different opinions on issues and the gravity regarding specific issues.

You said a stuff up at registration wont affect you from doing an event again, where for some people the humiliation of standing in a queue with other people around and then getting asked if you did pay or not might be a deciding factor. The exact same thing happened to me at the tru cape event 3 years ago, and guess what, i have never done this event again.

The nice thing about online forums are different people can give their opinion regarding a specific subject, hence you get different threads. So if you rather that everyone contact you directly and not publicly where everyone can see, ask the mods to close this threat but that kind of misses the point of a thread on an online forum.

A personal conversation which you advertise widely here on the bikehub....seems to me that you are a bit of a douchebag! :thumbdown:

A personal conversation which you advertise widely here on the bikehub....seems to me that you are a bit of a douchebag! :thumbdown:

yup

Wel gedaan Naas. Die verbetering jaar na jaar is duidelik sigbaar. Die aantal mense hierdie jaar spreek alreeds boekdele, Regtig 'n baie goed georganiseerde byeenkoms. Dit was nou my 9de patatfees sedert 2006 en ek sal verseker terug wees.

Die tent na die tyd was great, die start was baie goed volgens my. Fireworks! Roetes in perfekte toestand. Meatballs by die waterpunte was baie lekker, dankie. Baie lucky draw pryse en selfs ouderdomskategorie pryse vir elke afstand! Well done.

Hou asb ook die 45km opsie in die toekoms, gee my kans vir 'n paar ekstra biere die Vrydagaand. :clap:

Goedgaan! Tot volgende jaar. Ek sien alreeds uit.