First Look Friday: Silverback Sesta and Schwalbe Nobby Nic

Nick

Nick, please consider a head-on review of Sesta, Vipa and AMS 100.

In the same price bracket, German vs SA design and suspension...

I ride a Sesta and it is magnificent. Best bike in its price class and I would say better than any bike even 33% more expensive. The new technology design in the Sesta is carried over on to the trails and this bike is extremely fast - mind blowingly fast! Well done Silverback you built something special and can be bought for cheaper than the competition!

A correction is that the crankset is 1 x RaceFace turbine not Shimano XT 1x. This was a later change after the specs were announced for their website and catalogue.

We have since sold one and have interest in more and you can't afford it but want a similar quality ride, the Silverback Sprada 1 is worth looking at for R44k, just as sexy, but in aluminium skin not carbon.

Contact us if you are interested in ordering one.

Cycleworx Langebaan 

We have since sold one and have interest in more and you can't afford it but want a similar quality ride, the Silverback Sprada 1 is worth looking at for R44k.

Contact us if you are interested in ordering one.

Cycleworx Langebaan 

No, Sprada 1 is not comparable to the Sesta at all.

Cant afford the Sesta Pro wait for the Sesta Race. No Sprada!

Hear good things about the silverback range lately. Do you think they would be able to shake the "cheaper brand" stigma and actually compete in the R60 000 category for a XT bike?

Hear good things about the silverback range lately. Do you think they would be able to shake the "cheaper brand" stigma and actually compete in the R60 000 category for a XT bike?

Compete in the 60k range? The Sesta is probably the best bike to buy under 85k. Not only this, the Burst suspension design of the Sesta with its solid rear triangle is a superior design to, I would say, all other bikes! I also ride a great other brand 100mm dually that is worth about 90k new, and the Sesta is the stiffer and faster bike. The Sesta has won design awards for a reason, it is a superior modern suspension design.

Compete in the 60k range? The Sesta is probably the best bike to buy under 85k. Not only this, the Burst suspension design of the Sesta with its solid rear triangle is a superior design to, I would say, all other bikes! I also ride a great other brand 100mm dually that is worth about 90k new, and the Sesta is the stiffer and faster bike. The Sesta has won design awards for a reason, it is a superior modern suspension design.

Sure i get that but my point was about brand perception. I think it is a terrific bike even though i have not ridden 1. It would def be on my short list should i switch to a dual

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Interested in the Sesta or Cube AMS to replace my Vipa.

The new superior suspension design against the euro design suspension and spec.

With no rear pivot and frame flex,does the carbon not fatigue? Or flexy rear end? From the first picture, a rear strut brace was added.

The Cube looks neat and tide and two cages on the frame.

Only seen one Sesta with FD and the cabling was real messy...

I know what I have in my Vipa, will any of the other two bikes be better?

Hopefully the reviews will assist.

Nick, please consider a head-on review of Sesta, Vipa and AMS 100.

In the same price bracket, German vs SA design and suspension...

I'll ask Admin to give a quick comparison once he gets a chance to ride the Sesta. He is currently testing the Cube and has lots of experience on a Vipa.

I have a lot of experience on a Rocky Mountain Element RSL970 - a great bike. The Sesta is a stiffer and faster bike. I also have experience with a BMC FS02 xt which is also more expensive than a Sesta. There is absolutely no comparison between the Sesta and the FS02, the Sesta is 1.6 kgs lighter and completely blows away the BMC.