Bike Hub Classified section (or should I not go there)

Jaws677

Says the only guy liking all Radmans posts and who's been around here for all of 1yr with 54 posts, lol a quiet lurker I see - nice one blowing your own trumpet.

Back to the old "post count" argument. Seriously? Almost used as much as the race card by the ANC.  And all the passive aggressiveness? Wowza

Some guys who post a shedload are some of the biggest contributors, offering good advice and or fundrasing/helping other people out. I see you are trying to say these guys with high post counts are by default shallow and insincere, you have some weird ideas, I'll give you that.

I said no such thing. I simply called BS on the faux "community spirit" espoused by anyone, irrespective of their (enormously important and obviously credibility bestowing) post count

Crawl back under your bridge, its nice and cold there. Cretin

So much for "community" building?  And you make my point.  At the slightest hint of resistance to your (high post count) opinion, you resort to insult and true and bitter colours.  Its OK though, as I expected nothing more in the first place.  Just stop pretending its any other way!

Im too lazy to snip out the bits that dont matter but Im going to call you out on your point about community and post counts.

You see in this sort of community, if you dont post anything then we dont get to know anything about you. I have a pretty good idea about Skylark due to the number of threads we have both been involved in, similar situation with any of the other regular hubbers.

If you lurk in the background but dont say anything then no one gets to know you.

Without people posting a lot there would be no community, or forum for that matter.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has come to my attention that I have been called out as one who is involved in practice of snatching bargains on the hub and then turning around and reselling them shortly after at a profit.  To my recollection, I have never purchased an item on the hub and turned around and resold it for a big markup. If I am wrong, I would invite anyone to give me a specific example of where I have done so.

In the past year, I have sold two items on the hub - my Hope brakes and my Santa Cruz frame, both of which I owned for years before selling and only sold due to upgrade.

I like bargains as I'm not made of money. I have personally lost out on a few bargains to the other hubber referred to as well.

I buy a fair amount of stuff at bargain prices because I put together bikes for people trying to get into cycling that can't afford to buy a decent bike.  If you actually pay attention to what I buy, it is mostly older outdated stuff going for a bargain. When I sell something, it is either because I have been fortunate enough to upgrade my own bike, or because I sometimes buy "garage sale" groups of parts to get what I need and then sell the left overs from the project to try and recover some cost.

If anyone has a specific issue with me as a buyer or seller, I would appreciate it if you contacted me directly, rather than complaining on the forum before giving me an opportunity to resolve the issue.

Kind Regards,

Glenn (BigTom)

All well, i'd be honest i've never lost out on a deal to either of you...

I've also never seen you resell, infact sell anything for that matter. I have seen you buy on a number occasions, i apologize for making those assumptions.

SORRY Glenn!

I buy a fair amount of stuff at bargain prices because I put together bikes for people trying to get into cycling that can't afford to buy a decent bike.

If you need any goodies let me know, i've got some XT mechs rear and front i'll pass onto you! also got some handlebars and stuff... pm me whats needed

Says the only guy liking all Radmans posts and who's been around here for all of 1yr with 54 posts, lol a quiet lurker I see - nice one blowing your own trumpet.

Some guys who post a shedload are some of the biggest contributors, offering good advice and or fundrasing/helping other people out. I see you are trying to say these guys with high post counts are by default shallow and insincere, you have some weird ideas, I'll give you that.

that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

Yet here you are back for more, what's it they say about a leopard and it's spots?

Edited by Skylark

Ja, I also would like to complain.

Bought pannier bags from Melissa, good quality and works lekker

(Hallo Bokkie!  :w00t: )

But then she went and got a restraining order against me. 

That's not nice.

The lurker trolls won't get it...The want to cause a stir at every opportunity and see how much THEY can gain...probably kids anyway. They must maar carry on, wheeling and dealing for that extra 100 bucks they want to make.

I have no inclination dealing with them as a seller / buyer or otherwise.

Just an idea, im on many other forums and on most other forums you need a post count of at least 50 post before you can advertise in the for sales section.

Also, retailers, shops etc.... I see theres alot of ads from them in the classifieds. Why not setup a commercial section where these guys can advertise. Also this seperates the average guy from a shop so for those looking at buying know who they dealing with. But then these guys need to pay, say R500 for the year to advertise and this money go towards running the site.

Just some ideas....

Just an idea, im on many other forums and on most other forums you need a post count of at least 50 post before you can advertise in the for sales section.

Also, retailers, shops etc.... I see theres alot of ads from them in the classifieds. Why not setup a commercial section where these guys can advertise. Also this seperates the average guy from a shop so for those looking at buying know who they dealing with. But then these guys need to pay, say R500 for the year to advertise and this money go towards running the site.

Just some ideas....

PGA round of applause....but lets make that number 1000, a lekker round number

50 is also a round number  :ph34r:  :whistling:

For a new scammer, I mean poster, 50 posts will seem like a lot.  You would have to actually sit for a while to make posts to get to that number.  It would put a lot of the crims off, which can only be a good thing.

Viva minimum post count, viva!   :clap:

50 is also a round number  :ph34r:  :whistling:

For a new scammer, I mean poster, 50 posts will seem like a lot.  You would have to actually sit for a while to make posts to get to that number.  It would put a lot of the crims off, which can only be a good thing.

Viva minimum post count, viva!   :clap:

1000 is rounder  :ph34r:  must be the extra 0's

Bigger is not always better.  For example - bigger weight, bigger taxes, bigger boobs...  no wait...

lol...

1000 will generally mean they have invested some time in contributing. I know it will never be enforced and I get the reasons behind it...doesnt stop me though 

I know that's your rule, but I've been here 6 years. I'm sure you'll buy n lekker deal from me if one comes along.

EDIT: Kyk nou net daar!. I've crossed the 900 mark. Getting there.

Edited by dre