Hey are you guys going to have bikes to rent over December?

I am shopping for 3 rental bikes, but will cautiously say yes we will, at least two.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And we're up and running! Had an awesome weekend with Martin Bester from Jacaranda FM and his band, Kinky Robot. Also 3 Durbanites as walk inns on Sunday.

Finally hooked a farmer and will be laying out private routes in the next few weeks.

Pall Catt also came by last week, making him our second Hubber to visit!

Here are some picaroos

post-38258-0-37176900-1478602994_thumb.jpg

post-38258-0-00888700-1478603005_thumb.jpg

post-38258-0-64640600-1478603062_thumb.jpg

Hey Billa.

Really awesome setup you've got going there. I'll definitely be recommending it to friends and look forward to coming back for a beer.

All the best with the finishing touches.

I am shopping for 3 rental bikes, but will cautiously say yes we will, at least two.

excellent will give you a shout closer to the time. family from Hong Kong will probably want to ride. 

PS. looking good! 

Hey Billa.

Really awesome setup you've got going there. I'll definitely be recommending it to friends and look forward to coming back for a beer.

All the best with the finishing touches.

Thanks Pall!

Excellent to finally meet you in person and cudos for the references. Looking forward to spending a weekend and chatting about all the routes.

excellent will give you a shout closer to the time. family from Hong Kong will probably want to ride. 

PS. looking good! 

Great Stuff! Hubbers have a special place here, but you'll have to come and see for yourself. Looking forward to your visit Uni!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arrived at Dullstroom Backpackers around 11 am Sunday morning from 'Boven after a very wet and muddy trip. I met Billaroo for the first time. What an awesome place he has here. My wife drove through and met up with me soon after. 

We were treated to the "Backpackers" coffee (Amarula is involved), and Billa made us feel at home right away. He had a fire going, and I could warm up after being soaked by the soft but consistent mist-rain en-route. The well stocked honesty bar was welcome too, and I enjoyed a cold beverage (or two) after the coffee whilst slumping in the plush couch in the living room, resting my weary legs.

The facilities are fantastic, and Billa is a great host. For anyone looking for a weekend breakaway in Dullstroom - this is the place. There's even a bicycle mechanic on call (I had a wee problem with my headset, and Callen sorted it out chop-chop. He delivered my bike on Sunday evening. More fantastic service.)

I will definitely be spending some time at Billa's place, exploring the riding around the Dullstroom area.

Thanks Billa, we had a great time. :thumbup:

[arriving at Billa's place... yes, that look says "I need food and drink"]

post-37016-0-33532700-1481536466_thumb.jpg

[the culprit and the other culprit]

post-37016-0-19627700-1481537325_thumb.jpg

Edited by henningvr

Arrived at Dullstroom Backpackers around 11 am Sunday morning from 'Boven after a very wet and muddy trip. I met Billaroo for the first time. What an awesome place he has here. My wife drove through and met up with me soon after. 

We were treated to the "Backpackers" coffee (Amarula is involved), and Billa made us feel at home right away. He had a fire going, and I could warm up after being soaked by the soft but consistent mist-rain en-route. The well stocked honesty bar was welcome too, and I enjoyed a cold beverage (or two) after the coffee whilst slumping in the plush couch in the living room, resting my weary legs.

The facilities are fantastic, and Billa is a great host. For anyone looking for a weekend breakaway in Dullstroom - this is the place. There's even a bicycle mechanic on call (I had a wee problem with my headset, and Callen sorted it out chop-chop. He delivered my bike on Sunday evening. More fantastic service.)

I will definitely be spending some time at Billa's place, exploring the riding around the Dullstroom area.

Thanks Billa, we had a great time. :thumbup:

[arriving at Billa's place... yes, that look says "I need food and drink"]

attachicon.gifIMG_2433.JPG

[the culprit and the other culprit]

attachicon.gifhb.jpg

Welcome to our Dullstroom Backpackers family Henning! You are now our Mud King Super Enduro Braveheart Legs of Steel Hero! Had an awesome kuier with you and the wife. So looking forward to your next visit and hopefully an outride(After a few welcoming DBP coffees)

When we planned the Backpackers, we had cyclists in mind as our guests. This week I was spoilt with 3 cyclists visiting.

First @henningvr did the uphill from hell muddy ride from Waterval Boven to visit us. We had a great time cycling chatting and we're connecting almost daily now, sharing thoughts on coffee, rides and the next visit, which will be an epic endeavor.

Also arriving at my doorstep was two of the four member team from the Qhubeka Joburg 2 Kili cycling team. Gareth Pickering and Derrick Fourie decided to make Dullstroom Backpackers their last stopover en-route back home. 

What an amazing visit. Made friends for life. They took time to invite (on my request) our LBS owner and cycling guide, Callen Watson, over for a chat. We spent the evening re-living the highlights and heartships of their cycling journey to Kilimanjaro and ours towards the completion of the backpackers. Many hours of Youtube songs concerts and the occasional Jagermeister was involved.

If these are the experiences of cyclists visiting our Backpackers, then I certainly made the right decision and look forward to any cyclist walking through our door, especially YOU, reading this post right now ;-)

post-38258-0-87370900-1481866824_thumb.jpg

post-38258-0-86988100-1481867317_thumb.jpg

Edited by Billaridoo

• 1 month later...