Expedition Africa 2016 visits the Garden Route

News bot

Along the magnificent Garden route of the Western Cape lies a land where mystical elephants reign. A place where heritage and nature meets, creating a phenomenal atmosphere that is both empowering as it is indulging.

Click here to view the article

Training is a little bit behind schedule... And the other three are all doing 36One this weekend, time to pull finger!

• 3 weeks later...

Bit less than 2 weeks... we will be more than 48 hours in, sleep deprived and looking starting to miss warm food in two weeks time!

2 weeks to go....getting close now

ahhh, I need three more months training time  :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Must have been magnificent! 

Was a few times last week wondering if there isn't a market for adventure touring - where an adventure touring company would do the logistics for you (boats, bikes, access) - 

so this is what i did last week.......

Well done!! Awesome event! Mate of mine also did it....was dot watching all the bloody time!! :eek:  :eek:

hmmm, saw an expedition africa vehicle trawling round avianto a couple of weeks ago....

I have lots of respect for these type of adventurists...

so this is what i did last week.......

The guy talking right at the start is Don Sims, he is a customer of mine and one heck of hard man!

hahahaha

Im with you there By Birdie!

It was such an awesome race. My feet look and feel like they have been in a blender but totally worth it.

Still feeling a little slow and tired but I'm not sure if that is from the sleep deprivation or the party on Saturday night!