New SRAM Guide S4 Caliper update

News bot

SRAM Guide brakes are packed with ride-enhancing performance that makes every new trail a trusted old friend. We started from scratch, to create the perfect combination of braking reliability and control. Brand-new SwingLink technology provides more power, silky-smooth modulation, less deadband and better lever-feel than you’ve ever experienced. Steep-line confidence. Deep-corner dominance. Ride every trail like you own it. KNOW YOU CAN.

Click here to view the article

I have a set of RSC's , How you could make them any better than what they already are is beyond me .

don't remind me about that. <_<

Funnily enough, most of the SRAM sponsored riders in the DH world cups are still sporting Avid Code calipers.

Easy, you add the ultimate caliper to the RSC package .

Brilliant brakes . Best I have used to date

I have a set of RSC's , How you could make them any better than what they already are is beyond me .

Agreed. They make my old Shimanos feel like a jellyfish stapled to a stick against the wheel. The balance of power and modulation in my RS is just absolutely perfect.

Are these best paired with SRAM rotors or are there other alternatives that offer better bang for buck?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'am a Shimano XT / XTR brakes guy.  Are these Guide brakes better and easier to maintain that the trustworthy XT's ? 

I just had bad experience with SRAM Avid in the past, but it is going to take some effort to convince me that the latest SRAM brakes are better...

I'am a Shimano XT / XTR brakes guy.  Are these Guide brakes better and easier to maintain that the trustworthy XT's ? 

I just had bad experience with SRAM Avid in the past, but it is going to take some effort to convince me that the latest SRAM brakes are better...

same here....that being said I have a set of hope's on route to me. 

I am just going to say it....the whole avid range was a cluster f**k...they gave endless problems(first hand experience), hard to bleed properly and then you have to frequently nurse them to ensure performance. Shimano's simplicity was its beauty...but the on-off feel they give isn't for everyone

Apparently the guides were designed and built from the ground up...good move by sram imo and they are being specced on top end enduro bikes so that in itself says something. There is a video on pinkbike somewhere going into depth from R&D point of view of the guides. They are getting great real world reviews so hopefully sram has turned their braking woes around. 

My Trail's have ridden 2 Epics and 1 J2C with no mechanical issues in any way - and their first bleed was just before this years epic (just as routine preventative maintenance - no real need actually)