Ruby vs ESI grips vs Luvhandles?

Andrek

I think I'm in Luv :thumbup: I should have ordered some more...

Did a 2 hour ride and they are nice and comfy. I just put them in hot water and used gloves and lotsa elbow grease and the suckers slipped right on.

http://i64.tinypic.com/25jca3q.jpg

Edited by wisecrack

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed! Andrek and KingTJ let us know how you like your LUV and we'll send you a complimentary set of Luvhandles!!  #sharingtheluv

It fair to say luvhandles won this vs battle hands down...local is lekker.

@Luvhandles....haha wasnt expecting the pleasant surprise, you have made my day. Thanks a million !! Dirty white with green bar ends

Except mine will arrive on Monday, replacing some dirty ESIs, my SS will keep the Ritchey grips for a while still though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20a47b1e4f9639b2c7967b32623931df.jpg

Obviously I am doing something wrong!! The Sunlight liquid soap method and putting the grips under a running tap of hot water did not work for me. Any suggestions?

got mine on with using sunlight liquid and water.

I fitted my new Luvhandles over the weekend and did a 4hour ride with them.

They are plush and comfy and you've got to luv the end caps, much better quality than anything that I have come across before.

Too soon to comment on longevity but so far so good and will strongly recommend Luvhandles as the go to silicone-foam grip.

Windowlene definitely the way to go.

Old School hairspray in a tin also works well. Reason I use this as that its easy to find in the Mrs cupboard.

Windowlene is what the maid uses for windows which means its impossible to find because its probably finished.

Edited by ChUkKy

20a47b1e4f9639b2c7967b32623931df.jpg

Obviously I am doing something wrong!! The Sunlight liquid soap method and putting the grips under a running tap of hot water did not work for me. Any suggestions?

Oh no AndreK!! Let us know if you want your complimentary set in red again?

There are various ways to fit silicone grips to handlebars, some use dish-washing liquid other deodorant or Windowlene there are even skilled individuals who use plain old water! Important is to work it on bit by bit without too much force... If you need any further help let us know! 

Oh no AndreK!! Let us know if you want your complimentary set in red again?

There are various ways to fit silicone grips to handlebars, some use dish-washing liquid other deodorant or Windowlene there are even skilled individuals who use plain old water! Important is to work it on bit by bit without too much force... If you need any further help let us know!

Thanks very much and it seems I used too much force and too little liquid! I appreciate the token of appreciation and will take a replacement pair of red and black ends. [emoji3]

Old School hairspray in a tin also works well. Reason I use this as that its easy to find in the Mrs cupboard.

Windowlene is what the maid uses for windows which means its impossible to find because its probably finished.

psssttt .... is this your wife?

9856357f7dc60b2e6007e6878fe1d052.jpg

Edited by Hairy