Entries for Maluti Double90 close next week

News bot

Perhaps they could consider adding another category next year - riders who are interested in riding the event, but are not part of an existing team etc. to APPLY to enter, and (should enough riders in a similar position enter) they can be grouped together based on RaceTec or PPA or whatever seeding?

Unlikely I know, especially if the event grows as popular as the DC.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to be included in a team but I guess that is not going to happen.

Perhaps they could consider adding another category next year - riders who are interested in riding the event, but are not part of an existing team etc. to APPLY to enter, and (should enough riders in a similar position enter) they can be grouped together based on RaceTec or PPA or whatever seeding?

Unlikely I know, especially if the event grows as popular as the DC.

They did have a notice board on their webpage where you could show interest in joining another team, or to look or riders for a team.

Not sure how that panned out.

Hi,

Any idea how many teams have entered?

Sarge

do we know how many team entered?

It's Friday, so the answer is... One hundred, eleventy seven and two thousand.

From their website:

HURRY! ENTRIES CLOSE ON 20 APRIL
There are still a few team entries available but hurry - all entries close at 13h00 on Wednesday 20 April 2016. Team captains, please also remember to enter all your team members by 20 April. After 20 April, changes and substitutions can be done manually at Registration (14h00-19h30 on Friday 6 May). TEAM CAPTAINS: We're sending you an email with great offers from our sponsors on Thursday 21 April: A special offer on cycling jerseys, Enervit products, and KitBrix bags. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Looks like the Online Entry portal is still open - or at least being able to enter your name and ID number which takes one through to the "registering a team page".

They did have a notice board on their webpage where you could show interest in joining another team, or to look or riders for a team.

Not sure how that panned out.

Sigh, and of course I'd not see that! Next year then

Sigh, and of course I'd not see that! Next year then

Substitutions can still be done. Send them a message and ask if there are any spaces available.

From their website... 

LAST CHANCE TO ADD/AMEND TEAM NAMES
We have had several queries and have reopened the team admin section so that you can add team names / amend team members. This link will be open until 09h00 on Tuesday 26 April. Please click here now for any last-minute team changes. Thereafter the online entries system will be closed and the team seedings will be finalised. Any further changes can only be done in person at Registration, at a cost of R250 per change and/or addition. Please also keep an eye on your inbox for some great Maluti Double90 specials from our sponsors and supporters.

This is a great idea/event...unfortunately the timing is out with Sani 2C so close to this so it would effect the numbers. It is not a case of this is road and that is MTB, most active cycling participants do both in SA

SA really have to many events these days and slowly but surely one will kill off another one