JHB MTB hill climbing?

BOB5

Hello and welcome.

Jo’burg is a big place. Here’s some of my regular routes:

Thaba Trails in the South of Joburg have a couple of routes depending on your skill level. I think the Green route is about 17Km and gives you an elevation gain of 300m+. 3-Laps get you close to 1000m ascent

Heya Safari/Hero Adventure park in the Western side of Joburg also has a couple of solid climbs but you’ll have to pay a conservancy fee, a ride fee and deal with shocking service from an overpriced restaurant afterwards if you’re looking for a meal/drink

Guest notmyname

Kings Kloof

Yeah this is true. Just bring your big boy pants. It was lekker rof last time i was there.

Kings is a bastard. Haven't ridden there in a while.

Have the trails been changed/upgraded at all since they've reopened?

Guest notmyname

Kings is a bastard. Haven't ridden there in a while.

Have the trails been changed/upgraded at all since they've reopened?

Expect the same. There are some new trails but don't expect garden paths. Expect rock and pain.

Guest notmyname

Walter Sisulu Botanic Gardens?

Can't ride that HIKING trail.

Yeah this is true. Just bring your big boy pants. It was lekker rof last time i was there.

Rough - where? ;)

Can't ride that HIKING trail.

That's a pity. When I ran there I thought I saw some mountain bikers on the trail. Beautiful spot.

• 1 month later...

Would moving to JHB mean ditching the mountain bike then? Sounds a bit thin on trails (understandably a bit flat in general  :blush: )

haha

Ahaha. I climb around 1000m in 25km in my extended commute from Zoo Lake to Roodepoort. If you pick the right route Jo'Burg is anything but flat

Edited by Hfx0