Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

RANT ????????????????????????

So my fork was collected on the morning of the 22nd of April . So omnico would of had the fork on Monday . I know this week is a short week what with Wednesday being a public holiday . But here's my rant ,and I am seriously fu@€ed off at this point.

Since receiving an email from sales director from Vincent Stevens 19/04/2016 asking me to send fork marked for his attention. He also cc in Steve Bowman & Kirk Buske whom I have no idea who they or what postion they hold at omnico but presume (and probably wrongly ) they are management of some sort.

I have received absolutely no communication or feedback from anybody what so ever. Not even a reply via email from Vincent Stevens and I have sent him 2 consequent Mails one was the the 2 video clips posted the day I got the fork.Have not even I have received your mail it will be attended to. Or we have your fork and it is in the queue and will be attended as soon as possible and revert back to you .

So as its stands i am no closer to knowing anything,and also know that nobody including management can even be bothered to reply or acknowledge any emails sent.I get that I am not important enough to deserve there attention after all I am only a customer? F all , nada , sod all. Just the mushroom treatment ,keep you in the dark and keep you guessing because we actually couldn't give a continental what you think about our product or service as we have the monopoly.

The lbs I bought the fork from eventually got to speak to Bradley late Friday afternoon and was told its sitting on Russells table and will be attended to . No eta no nothing .

Have very little doubt in my mind now how this is going to play out now. If and when they do even look at the fork (as they did service on a 3 ride fork last time didn't they ? ) will just be posted back to me with no fault found and then what do I do ?

Where will it leave me,no where. My mindset is if they can't be asked to reply or at least let me know what's happening with the fork what chance do I have of them actually looking at or resolving my problem.

Thanks omnico you have managed to completely sour my experience with one of your supposed top to the line forks,nevermind my new bike build. My BMC has done nothing but sit on my bike stand for what seems forever.

Am I bitter at this point? Bloody right I am, I f'ing furious . I just want this fork and omnico debacle over with. Even if it costs me money and a new fork. Am at my wits end and I am a patient person.

Edited by Pikey

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am just going to say it start a facebook page with the name "Omnico worst of the cycling industry "

Share your stories and experince there and share the page on as many other pages as you can

I am sure you will get a response very quickly

Am so disappointed in my latest suspension buy,a fox factory kashima fit 4 fork. Bought on the 26 January for some stupid amount of money after I had read a few sparkling reviews.

Out the box the fork couldn't use more than 20% of its travel. So it went back and I was told that it a positive air lock had a lock and they needed to add some oil with a slightly different consistency.

And the fork was returned but was no different at all. It felt wooden with no feel or confidence and an absolute lack of feedback.

So it went back again. As there was Easter long wkd it understandable took 2 weeks for them to give me the new diagnosis, " I had the compression dial on the hardest setting" .Really ? that's laughable. Are they kidding me? Probably because my last ride ended with a 5 km road stint home.

But I was told as I was so unhappy they have done a service free of charge and have replaced dust seals,foam rings and oil. Really why? I hadn't done more than 200 km on a brand new fork.

Got the fork back and is it better ? yea maybe I suppose . Is it good ? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Is it the fit 4 an improvement ? Well mine certainly isn't in fact it borderline cr@p. Is it a pike killer or will it rival the mrp ? Not even close.

I have done test runs with mates,playing with air pressure settings ,compression and rebound. Swapped bikes and set the fork for there weight etc. on the one section i rode my mates sr suntour fork. And the small bump compliance made my fox feel like a rigid. That was before I got it back the 2nd time .

Now it has slightly better smallbump compliance although it still makes my arms tired , it doesn't track with any confidence and all the fork feels like it's doing is just going over the bumps with no feel or feedback. its horrible to say the least .

So where to from here? I so wish I had bought a Sid or mrp loop. Instead I feel I have waisted my money. They told me that there is nothing wrong with the internals and the fork is right . If that's the case wtf?

If any one else has a new fox fit 4 ,please let me know how you rate the fork or what your thoughts are on it.

I am so very bitterly disappointed with the service and the product I spent so much money on. I find myself almost wanting to sell my bike. Stupid I know but am pi$$ed off and fed up.

Another small gripe,I sent the fork down in the original fox box and I get it back in some make shift crappy old box. So if and when I want to sell it ?? It's just indicates that they are sloppy. I know the box gripe is anal,but I like to keep original packaging

I have had the same issues with mine. Been back to them 5x now. Believe it or not they also gave me the compression story. Funny thing is I had read your post before sending it in and checked it, was on full descend and lowest compression. Must be their standard bs excuse.

RANT

So my fork was collected on the morning of the 22nd of April . So omnico would of had the fork on Monday . I know this week is a short week what with Wednesday being a public holiday . But here's my rant ,and I am seriously fu@€ed off at this point.

Since receiving an email from sales director from Vincent Stevens 19/04/2016 asking me to send fork marked for his attention. He also cc in Steve Bowman & Kirk Buske whom I have no idea who they or what postion they hold at omnico but presume (and probably wrongly ) they are management of some sort.

I have received absolutely no communication or feedback from anybody what so ever. Not even a reply via email from Vincent Stevens and I have sent him 2 consequent Mails one was the the 2 video clips posted the day I got the fork.Have not even I have received your mail it will be attended to. Or we have your fork and it is in the queue and will be attended as soon as possible and revert back to you .

So as its stands i am no closer to knowing anything,and also know that nobody including management can even be bothered to reply or acknowledge any emails sent.I get that I am not important enough to deserve there attention after all I am only a customer? F all , nada , sod all. Just the mushroom treatment ,keep you in the dark and keep you guessing because we actually couldn't give a continental what you think about our product or service as we have the monopoly.

The lbs I bought the fork from eventually got to speak to Bradley late Friday afternoon and was told its sitting on Russells table and will be attended to . No eta no nothing .

Have very little doubt in my mind now how this is going to play out now. If and when they do even look at the fork (as they did service on a 3 ride fork last time didn't they ? ) will just be posted back to me with no fault found and then what do I do ?

Where will it leave me,no where. My mindset is if they can't be asked to reply or at least let me know what's happening with the fork what chance do I have of them actually looking at or resolving my problem.

Thanks omnico you have managed to completely sour my experience with one of your supposed top to the line forks,nevermind my new bike build. My BMC has done nothing but sit on my bike stand for what seems forever.

Am I bitter at this point? Bloody right I am, I f'ing furious . I just want this fork and omnico debacle over with. Even if it costs me money and a new fork. Am at my wits end and I am a patient person.

Get hold of Fox in the USA - you have exhausted local channels.

Get hold of Fox in the USA - you have exhausted local channels.

I agree. They have customer service. My experience is the mfg in the States give the customer the benefit of the doubt, as it is their product and reputation they need to take care of. I have no idea why Omnico would be so silly. They simply get the products replaced by the U.S. Anyway, no cost to them. As a importer of quad suspension I know this to be the case.

RANT

Why are you still messing around with Omnico?

Contact FOX directly & discuss your issues with the fork & the problems you are having with Omnico.

Why are you still messing around with Omnico?

Contact FOX directly & discuss your issues with the fork & the problems you are having with Omnico.

will do , have had enough. Will add this link to the email.

Ok I am just going to say it start a facebook page with the name "Omnico worst of the cycling industry "

Share your stories and experince there and share the page on as many other pages as you can

I am sure you will get a response very quickly

i like that idea ????

It beggars belief that a Company that has such a torrid reputation is notified of the issue, knows that the Hub is watching with interest and has the opportunity to score massively by doing the right thing .....

.... then they clutch defeat from the jaws of victory!!

Seems broad opinion matters little and the only way to bring them kicking and screaming to act properly will be to create consequence for them! Ramp up the heat on social media and make sure FOX U.S. hears the noise.

I have had the same issues with mine. Been back to them 5x now. Believe it or not they also gave me the compression story. Funny thing is I had read your post before sending it in and checked it, was on full descend and lowest compression. Must be their standard bs excuse.

my point exactly about them servicing it. Do they even look at your fork.

WHAT BS STORY THE COMPRESSION LINE IS !!

Read through all this. Its amazing how a distributor can destroy a brands rep. 

It beggars belief that a Company that has such a torrid reputation is notified of the issue, knows that the Hub is watching with interest and has the opportunity to score massively by doing the right thing .....

.... then they clutch defeat from the jaws of victory!!

Seems broad opinion matters little and the only way to bring them kicking and screaming to act properly will be to create consequence for them! Ramp up the heat on social media and make sure FOX U.S. hears the noise.

Exactly,just when you give them the benefit of the doubt to think that maybe they didn't know. When in actual fact they clearly don't give a damn. Edited by Pikey

Man Alive, this saga is ridiculous from the service/product point of view.

You would think this could have been resolved first time with decent onus, comms and intelligence ut clearly these are missing.

I feel for you to have to fist spend a fortune on what shuld have been a magnificent fork and then go throught the drama of getting it sorted. I would be livid and in rage, transformed into Hull, bounce over there to Ominico and SMASH...Hulk smash....aaaargggg...

Hope it eventually gets sorted sorted dude.

I am in the service industry myself,Hydraulic Mobile cranes. If I treated my customers even remotely like omnico treat there customers. Well,I just wouldn't . In this economy you have to look after your customers you have .

Man Alive, this saga is ridiculous from the service/product point of view.

You would think this could have been resolved first time with decent onus, comms and intelligence ut clearly these are missing.

I feel for you to have to fist spend a fortune on what shuld have been a magnificent fork and then go throught the drama of getting it sorted. I would be livid and in rage, transformed into Hull, bounce over there to Ominico and SMASH...Hulk smash....aaaargggg...

Hope it eventually gets sorted sorted dude.

Smash hulk smash ha ha...my sons answer to everything.

Maybe the answer to this! Was thinking maybe a flight to Cape Town is in order,but would be more money waisted I am sure. They would probably all be on lunch ,all day.

Anyone want to swap a nice long travel Rockshox for my Fox CTD (currently leaking air and still under warranty) ?  :whistling: ;)