FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic introduces new Monster Climb

News bot

70km? I will believe that only when I cross the finish line and see 70km on my garmin. always longer than publicised.

I'm also suspicious, route wasn't great last year with sections of loose dirt. Still undecided if its worth the drive. Wonder why the route is changing?

I hope new isn’t a way of saying “fleshly cut grass” like last year. I think I will give it a skip this year and see what the guys say and if its good, then 2017 is on the cards again. At least it one less of me to cause a bottleneck (thank me later with a beer)  :thumbup:

I'm also suspicious, route wasn't great last year with sections of loose dirt. Still undecided if its worth the drive. Wonder why the route is changing?

Just do it, i'll see you there... again... ;)

it's always been a harsh route littered with rocks and sand, don't think they ever advertised it to be compacted flowy singletrack with berms and scaffolding bridges over the rough bits..

if you honestly don't like being out there on your bike in the heart of the magaliesberg on a marked route with water points and some company, then i don't think it's the course designers fault...

• 2 weeks later...