Jonathan Vaughters on marginal gains

carbon29er

JV last night:

post-35786-0-44928900-1461385718_thumb.jpg

Can't get much clearer than that.

This in response to that article about the 12 things that have made Sky dominate cycling. Including, I kid you not:

Colour coded water bottles

MucOff soaps and lubes

Warm down after a race

Buying tyres a year in advance

An apartment at work for the mechanics to work late

Marks on the top of the saddle at 4cm and 15cm from front

Each rider having a bag for wet weather gear

JV last night:

attachicon.gifPS0643.jpg

This in response to that article about the 12 things that have made Sky dominate cycling. Including, I kid you not:

MucOff soaps and lubes

Warm down after a race

They just need Power saddles

Oh crap. I thought I could invest in muc off and train less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JV last night:

attachicon.gifPS0643.jpg

MucOff soaps and lubes

Motors hidden in frames

Warm down after a race

A huge amount of drugs

fixed it.

Motors hidden in frames

A huge amount of drugs

fixed it.

Not in the original PR spin sent out by the fawning British media. But, yes, far more realistic than the 7 of the 12 magic marginal gains I listed from the article.

Such a credible person as well.. shew we should all listen to him... 

Ex-Pro rider who like the all the other dopers shouldn't be allowed near a bicycle, sports shop, any sort of race and or near a TV camera talking about cycling.

Go take up knitting.  

Such a credible person as well.. shew we should all listen to him... 

Ex-Pro rider who like the all the other dopers shouldn't be allowed near a bicycle, sports shop, any sort of race and or near a TV camera talking about cycling.

Go take up knitting.  

In his defense, he was always very open about his past and where the sport was/is... we need these guys knowledge. I fear the cycle is endless though... sponsors want to win, they want return on their investment. That's modern sport - win at all costs

In his defense, he was always very open about his past and where the sport was/is... we need these guys knowledge. I fear the cycle is endless though... sponsors want to win, they want return on their investment. That's modern sport - win at all costs

He was doing so well up to the point where Tom Danielson tested positive

He was doing so well up to the point where Tom Danielson tested positive

There's the problem... can't nanny your riders every minute of every day, and that pressure is always there, on the team, on the riders to earn their next contract etc

I believe he wanted to do the right thing, his comments about Sky re-inforce that notion, but yeah, like I said - not sure the cycle can ever be broken. We have Merckx and Hinault handing out the leaders jerseys at the Tour de France everywhere. The sport is broken, I think all sport pretty much is.

There's the problem... can't nanny your riders every minute of every day, and that pressure is always there, on the team, on the riders to earn their next contract etc

I believe he wanted to do the right thing, his comments about Sky re-inforce that notion, but yeah, like I said - not sure the cycle can ever be broken. We have Merckx and Hinault handing out the leaders jerseys at the Tour de France everywhere. The sport is broken, I think all sport pretty much is.

Separate the testing and the control of the sport. UCI can't police itself. Saying that can they really afford another positive grand tour winner?