My experience with Cajees

Neil Mc

Sorry not sure if this is the correct place for a rant about bad service? Thought i would post my experience with Cajees Edenvale. I have a 2013 spotless trek super fly 100sl pro. It's a 9.8kg full Susser, just mentioning this so you get the picture that I take care of my bike like it was my child, I clean and lube my bottom bracket and chain and cassette fairly often, last week I did the emperors palace mtb race and my bottom bracket was making a noise, the outer bearings had just been greased (no it wasn't just under tightened) so figured the inner was a bit dirty or needed changing, anyway I take it to Cajees and explain my BB noise and request a bearing service, I also ask them to quote me on a quick release as the end is slightly worn, long story short I phone them and they say they have done the BB and are waiting for the QR they inform me my shifter cable and chain and cassette are very worn and can they replace them, I replaced the cable the week prior???? and my cassette has very little wear! anyway I told them they shouldn't just be ordering the part, I'm waiting on the price as I may decide not to take it if expensive, no problem, Friday comes I havn't heard from them and I need my bike for my Durban Holliday, I phone and they say my bike isn't ready and they still waiting for the QR they ordered, after chatting I hear they are having a problem with my QR and couldn't get it lose because I added a drop of loctite, I go there to find the mechanic had butchered my QR, he had Brocken the end off, then drilled the end and then drilled the other end, the whole shaft was full of grind marks. They say they had to remove my drop-outs in order to get the QR out. Anyway after a heated discussion I tell them to do what they must do to correct the situation and I'll return after 1 week, I go back and collect my bike after a week, I get them to remove the rear wheel so I can check for scratches on dropouts, all seemed fine, I get charged R1200, and was told I got R300 discount, this is a joke because if he told me R1300 I would have said don't worry about it, but because they just decided to do their own thing and then butcher my item they seem to think it right that I pay for the item I didn't approve. Anyway I pay and go for ride next morning, getting things ready I notice scratches on the frame, one significant and three minor, please appreciate my bike was spotless apart from three tiny scratches which I know about, I made mittens for my bike because I worry it will get scratched, basically I'm saying there is no chance at all that these marks were there before. on top of this my rear brake caliper was loose (both bolts), anyway I go for a ride and gears are jumping front and back, and lastly my chain breaks???? I did note they had split the chain to work on the bike. This rely is terrible terrible service especially scratching my bike and especially butchering a QR that they didn't have a go ahead to remove,I will never ever go to Cajees again. Use it don't use it.. I'd just like to say the young Afrikaans salesman did his best to make sure everything was ok. This is all on the mechanic and manager.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to hear that your pride and joy got hurt, never nice when that happens!

These dudes aren't known for being high end bike mechanics.

Think of them like the people who work at PicknPay, they can show you where the pasta and mince is, and it might even be a good price, but you wouldn't trust them to cook your food.

Edited by Patchelicious

Very sorry to hear that your pride and joy got hurt, never nice when that happens!

These dudes aren't know for being high end bike mechanics.

Think of them like the people who work at PicknPay, they can show you where the pasta and mince is, and it might even be a good price, but you wouldn't trust them to cook your food.

You...Raymond Ackerman is watching....you ????????????

Damn, I thought I had been given bad service before but your experience sounds terrible.

My MTB only flaunts LBS with proper mechanics, fortunately there are a few real good ones in Durban. There are too many unskilled mechanics in the industry who adopt the philosophy; if a hammer can't fix it, it ain't broken.

Apparently you only buy bargains there but you never let them service your bike

Check even us okes from the Eastern Cape know that, and without ever having to set foot in the place.

Lurking the hub you learn pretty quickly which shops are good for what.

How could you.....take your bike to Cajees.....it is a sin to give a bike in for a service at Cajees.....not even a Makro or Game special. Do the work yourself....

My buddy purchased a Scott from them, asked for XT brakeset upgrade, just around the time the new generation one way bleed tech was introduced... After them trying for 4 days to bleed the brakeset I eventually just drove there to show them how... Took me less than 5min... They wasted about 20l of mineral oil... Classic, won't ever forget it....this was the branch in the South.

Quite interested to see what you mean by clean out and lube the bb?

Inner and outer bb bearings?

What is a bb service?

Loctite on the qr that renders it stuck and needs mechanical blikseming to loosen?

Just asking so I can get a picture of what it means to look after this bike like it's a kid.

Dude, Never step foot in a cajees, EVER. Not even if you with you wife clothes shopping and are bored out of your skull and there is a cajees right next door. I was in the park meadows branch years ago when it first opened and they had brand new bikes lying on top of each other, WTF???

Seriously I doubt your actually getting a bargain from them because that new bike that you pay "less" for has been knocked around and treated badly.

School Fees.

These dudes aren't known for being high end bike mechanics.

Not even Vaatjie? 

maxresdefault.jpg