My experience with Cajees

Neil Mc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cajees has always been and probably will always be the place to get a good bargain - if you know exactly what you want and the exact spec of the bike and the market price.

If you're new to cycling or want your bike serviced then anywhere else is a better choice.

1st problem - you put loctite on the q release

Yeah i read that. Loctite on a QR? Anyone without knowing that would struggle to open it.

THink you created your own problems here mate.

It always surprises me (and I have done it myself).

When i run out of talent, technique or tools I rocket up to LBS to fix my mistakes.

Sometimes its a tool and sometimes its a technique that they have learned. But i often have a chuckle with them as to what arrives there that has been butchered by the guy trying to do it at home and then when he gets told its badly damaged and needs fixing the LBS gets the blame. The fact he cross threaded the BB prior to taking it there and carried on tightening, stripping it conclusively, is the LBS's problem.

Man up and admit your part in tis problem here mate.

And Cajees?

School fees.

Can I ask what possessed you or what you were hoping to get by taking it to Cajees? Were you thinking they would be cheaper?

I have still yet to see a bargain in a cajees. Everything is priced to its absolute full recommended retail price, and ten they offer you a small discount. Cycle lab is cheaper most times. i wouldn't even buy my kids bike there.

Crisis, an excellent candidate for a Friday thread so early in the week????

I thought we only have Friday fight day on a Friday.

Ive bought a bike from Cajees at a real good price almost 4 years ago, they asked to set it up for me and based on experience already from them I said Ill load it in my boot and do it myself.

Pity you havent read all the threads on them already here.

I have still yet to see a bargain in a cajees. Everything is priced to its absolute full recommended retail price, and ten they offer you a small discount. Cycle lab is cheaper most times. i wouldn't even buy my kids bike there.

You're so right, my only purchase at Cajees was when I broke two teeth on a cassette and needed an urgent replacement. Their price was 30% higher than Solomons and I told them so, that's when they started to haggle we'll give 10% off they said, what don't you understand about being 30% too high? I asked. Okay 15% off, no this is the price I'm prepared to pay take it or leave it, the fake pained expression had me walking for the door. I got it at my price but felt the whole process to be a waste of time. Now I would use the additional time Cajees take to drive to Solomons.

My buddy purchased a Scott from them, asked for XT brakeset upgrade, just around the time the new generation one way bleed tech was introduced... After them trying for 4 days to bleed the brakeset I eventually just drove there to show them how... Took me less than 5min... They wasted about 20l of mineral oil... Classic, won't ever forget it....this was the branch in the South.

Was the internet available at that time? You Tube, Shimano Instruction Manual and plenty more advice available from anywhere on the net for these type of things.... Eish, I guess some people will just never learn...  :wacko:  :huh:

Horses for courses....
I have no problem buying from Cajees at Horizon View or the one in Krugersdump. Although they dont stock too much the Krugersdorp one has always gone out of their way to help me over the years.

However I would not let them service my bikes. I still dont know why they don't employ a reputable mechanic and make that Horzion view shop more productive (although the new shop is a 1000x better than the one they had at Princess Crossing).

Crisis, an excellent candidate for a Friday thread so early in the week????

I thought we only have Friday fight day on a Friday.

Ive bought a bike from Cajees at a real good price almost 4 years ago, they asked to set it up for me and based on experience already from them I said Ill load it in my boot and do it myself.

Pity you havent read all the threads on them already here.

Tomorrow is mini Friday............

Cajees has always been and probably will always be the place to get a good bargain - if you know exactly what you want and the exact spec of the bike and the market price.

If you're new to cycling or want your bike serviced then anywhere else is a better choice.

Years ago I did a deal at the Park Meadows branch on a Tacx I-Magic, but it spread over four weeks or so.  I was really pleased with it but it was a real effort bargaining and then I worked out they'd had it in stock a long time, by the software updates I had to run to get started.  So we'll call that one a draw.

OP, sorry to hear about them damaging your ride...never nice to hear someone butcher your bike...

Quick question (maybe rhetorical...?)...HOW do you justify taking your "child" to Cajees? You seem to be reasonably familiar with bike service and maintenance.. WHY Larry...WHY?!?!

Taking your "child" to Cajees for a service, is like taking your actual children to the dodgy creche with open pool and electric fence with 1 "nanny" and 80 children, around the corner....you KNOW this is risky...you KNOW the odds of something terrible happening is high....but still you do it..?

Raher than ranting about their poor service, which is almost a registered trademark of Cajees, blame yourself, then accept this has been a steap learning curve and support the decent LBS who employ real mechanics, and charge real mechanic fees...

I am pretty sure you will not take your ride there again....or so I hope !

I've never used locktite on a bicycle....can't think of any situation when I would even consider that....