My experience with Cajees

Neil Mc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some blue on the screws that mount the disk rotor, maybe.

Yoh, I don't know, if you have a torque wrench and regularly maintain your bike, then I won't even put it there... Because the benefit of using it can cause way more hassle in the future as opposed to just applying the correct torque at regular checkups

Yoh, I don't know, if you have a torque wrench and regularly maintain your bike, then I won't even put it there... Because the benefit of using it can cause way more hassle in the future as opposed to just applying the correct torque at regular checkups

If you use locktite on every bolt, then you don't need a torque wrench...

If you use locktite on every bolt, then you don't need a torque wrench...

My ignorance on this subject is immense, but I have to take my new bike in cos my headset keeps loosening, and I am going to insist they use that stuff.

My ignorance on this subject is immense, but I have to take my new bike in cos my headset keeps loosening, and I am going to insist they use that stuff.

Probably a Spaz? Just kidding....

Don't know where exactly one would apply locktite to a headset... Because you have a pre-tensioner and stem bolts holding your headset together... What's getting loose goose?

Probably a Spaz? Just kidding....

Don't know where exactly one would apply locktite to a headset... Because you have a pre-tensioner and stem bolts holding your headset together... What's getting loose goose?

I am actually not sure... I was extremely wet and muddy when the shop quickly tightened it for me so wasn't paying close enough attention. My fault. And the top bolt is gold and made from what looks like very soft metal. So don't want to muck it up by being a gorilla.

I am actually not sure... I was extremely wet and muddy when the shop quickly tightened it for me so wasn't paying close enough attention. My fault. And the top bolt is gold and made from what looks like very soft metal. So don't want to muck it up by being a gorilla.

That's what made me wonder...because the top bolt is just a pre-tentioner, the stem bolts clamp the forks and keeps it all together.... Check your stem bolts, fasten them equally in rotation, each a little bit at a time, not one at a time... No locktite needed anywhere near your stem, headset or bars...

Crisis, an excellent candidate for a Friday thread so early in the week????

I thought we only have Friday fight day on a Friday.

Ive bought a bike from Cajees at a real good price almost 4 years ago, they asked to set it up for me and based on experience already from them I said Ill load it in my boot and do it myself.

Pity you havent read all the threads on them already here.

I'm sure this will continue tomorrow when bikehub wakes up, it is "Friday" after all for many, ;-)

That's what made me wonder...because the top bolt is just a pre-tentioner, the stem bolts clamp the forks and keeps it all together.... Check your stem bolts, fasten them equally in rotation, each a little bit at a time, not one at a time... No locktite needed anywhere near your stem, headset or bars...

No, don't worry, the Loctite thing was just joking. Sounds like a terrible idea. I did tighten the other bolts but it has loosened again.

No, don't worry, the Loctite thing was just joking. Sounds like a terrible idea. I did tighten the other bolts but it has loosened again.

Should have seen if you could keep it going till Friday ;)

Send me your deets by PM and I'll come sort it out. Or whatever, group ride or something.