Who's fault is this now...

MJ the Expat

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in my experience.

your experience is somewhat limited, though, Pierre. Even though you've been a member since 2013, Patch has a bit more history here.... He's also right. With properly considered complaints, backed up by suitable evidence and sufficient reason, those "rants" which fit the above criteria have been largely met with positive responses. Well, positive in that there has been large levels of support for the aggrieved party.

Fake Spaz thread

Most Expensive Cycling Shirt (Dibles' thread) 

Hayley's Intense frame debacle

To name a few. Most of the other rants have been just that - Rants. Potentially ill-considered attacks on a person and / or corporation based upon either assumptions of entitlement or ignorance - as well as a serious lack of introspection from the OP. 

Bottom line - when there's a PROPER rant (one that is justifiable) the OP's plight is often met with sympathy or empathy. Improperly constructed and / or thought out rants are met with just the opposite. Increasingly so when the OP will not accept an alternative viewpoint. 

Absolute bs that the standard response on the hub is to blame the OP...

If you don't have anything constructive to add, then maybe that can be your retort.

In this specific case, the OP specifically lacked the technical skills/knowledge to correctly assemble and install the parts purchased online, and my initial comment stands... If you want to buy online, and learn how to diy, gain knowledge and experience, then you should be willing to take the risk that sometimes you might get it wrong, but you take the medicine and move on... If you expect everything to magically just work by luck or chance, then purchase from a LBS.

The ops attitude on how all online stores now all of the sudden have to up their game, check their goods before shipping, do this and do that is a joke.... You got it wrong, let the shop help you fix it and stop crying like a girl about it...

Still didn't answer my question on who removed the lefty and installed the new forks, because this was also you, then I suggest you get someone to check your work dude...

And not posting pictures is a jerk move too...

Edited by TheV

which is about as often as the ANC

really wish Dragon's would bring in the Giant wheels.

I spoke to someone who told me the giant wheels are out from the factory and they have even shipped some bikes with different wheels as they cannot keep up with demand. Would love a set myself .

your experience is somewhat limited, though, Pierre. Even though you've been a member since 2013, Patch has a bit more history here.... He's also right. With properly considered complaints, backed up by suitable evidence and sufficient reason, those "rants" which fit the above criteria have been largely met with positive responses. Well, positive in that there has been large levels of support for the aggrieved party.

Fake Spaz thread

Most Expensive Cycling Shirt (Dibles' thread) 

Hayley's Intense frame debacle

To name a few. Most of the other rants have been just that - Rants. Potentially ill-considered attacks on a person and / or corporation based upon either assumptions of entitlement or ignorance - as well as a serious lack of introspection from the OP. 

Bottom line - when there's a PROPER rant (one that is justifiable) the OP's plight is often met with sympathy or empathy. Improperly constructed and / or thought out rants are met with just the opposite. Increasingly so when the OP will not accept an alternative viewpoint.

Snap, that's what I said, just with a bit of irritation added

I spoke to someone who told me the giant wheels are out from the factory and they have even shipped some bikes with different wheels as they cannot keep up with demand. Would love a set myself .

Hmmm. That smells like BS to me. What bikes, and what wheels? Some giants spec higher-end wheelsets out the box.

Mattewis Jantjes.......wat ek nou nie lekker vertsaan nie ou spiere.....you bought the wheels in Jaanrie and you only notice the problem now.......or did I miss something ?

Not many bikes I know with a fork at the back.

Fork my sywaarts......does something like that even exist......

a fork at the back?..some people really like a forks at the backside... Even me....

Edited by TheV

I have contacted the store and mailed them the details - so now we wait. Sales guy said he will get me a quote for this, not sure yet how I feel about that. Bad thing is the part number includes two other pieces, so I might end up paying for something I don't need..

I am not giving you pictures gents because then the discussion is whether it is obviously noticible and that is not the point as the bikeshop did not notice it either. And in retrospect things are always obvious as it is even obvious to me now and in a way I feel stupid that I did not notice it. But that is the thing with hindsight. The question is not whether you can notice a difference, the question is who pays the school fees, me or the store? Depends on the price and the speed the part can be sourced I guess.

PS: If the part fell off during transit, it would mean that the axle was not assembled properly or the content not packed properly. My fault also?

How did u not notice a clunk clunk in 4 months of riding, or was this your first ride without your music (head phones)?

Post a pic after you get the missing part, nothing to be embarrassed about, its not like you put your helmut on back to front or something

They are red.

Would you believe they are coinsidently R500?

Haha very coinsidently , sorry I need blue ones :)

Absolute bs that the standard response on the hub is to blame the OP...

If you don't have anything constructive to add, then maybe that can be your retort.

In this specific case, the OP specifically lacked the technical skills/knowledge to correctly assemble and install the parts purchased online, and my initial comment stands... If you want to buy online, and learn how to diy, gain knowledge and experience, then you should be willing to take the risk that sometimes you might get it wrong, but you take the medicine and move on... If you expect everything to magically just work by luck or chance, then purchase from a LBS.

The ops attitude on how all online stores now all of the sudden have to up their game, check their goods before shipping, do this and do that is a joke.... You got it wrong, let the shop help you fix it and stop crying like a girl about it...

Still didn't answer my question on who removed the lefty and installed the new forks, because this was also you, then I suggest you get someone to check your work dude...

So, who is you that you feel I need to answer to you or even care what you think?

Yaaaawn dude. Yaaaaaawn.

I'm sorry, but I must decline a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

But he has beeeeeeg guns........

In this specific case, the OP specifically lacked the technical skills/knowledge to correctly assemble and install the parts purchased online...

I think you'll find what he really lacked was the stuff he paid for.

Probably wouldn't have gotten it wrong if the retailer had gotten it right in the first place.

So is trying to "tough talk" someone online.