Review: Cube AMS 100 C:62 Race 29

Kylie

Picked mine up last week and it's a stunner! This was my exact thoughts "from the moment I hopped on it felt- stiff, light, agile and most importantly: fast."

Took the bike for a baptism of fire to do the Buffelsdrift 100km Challenge for its first ride and it delivered in all aspects. Extremely efficient climber and fast and nimble through the tight stuff.

I love this bike. Best bike I have ever owned, and the price point is amazing in amongst all the overpriced name brands made in the east. A highly underrated European brand. If you want an excellent marathon aimed bike at an excellent price, this is the bike for you.

Thanks for the review!!!

I am not technical minded and the reviews I read online talks of "euro" design.

Is it because of the 71 degree head angle?

Or the build kit of bikes for long climbs in Europe?

See last years top model still has a triple chainset. 

Back to the head angle, will a weekend warrior feel the twitch?

Can you address this by using a fork with other offset?

Last questions, can you get the same effect by up sizing to get the benefit of two cages on frame, go with short 50mm negative stem? 

Looks like serious value for money. Would have seriously considered one if it was launched a bit earlier. I quite like the boxy rear end.....

Loving my Spark 910 though.

Looks like it'll clock in under 10k. Is there anything better available for that sort of price? I wonder.

Check if that price includes a shock or not. The shock makes a huge difference on the price. But under 10k for the frame alone is still very cheap.

Check if that price includes a shock or not. The shock makes a huge difference on the price. But under 10k for the frame alone is still very cheap.

Well, that frame is only available in 23" which is too large for me, and without a shock.

Thanks, I have been looking forward to this review.

Having previously owned an AMS I can vouch that it is super fast. (Still on a Cube)

Did you compare times against similar bikes on a specific route or segment.

Looks like it'll clock in under 10k. Is there anything better available for that sort of price? I wonder.

It will be difficult to beat the CUBE AMS in value for money.

The only frameset available in SA seems to be the NINER for 32k. I don't think you can add a XT groupset + Wheels for under 15k.

Rear Shock (165x38mm), Bushings (22x8mm / 40x8mm) and Thru Axle (12x142mm) not included!