Motorbikes on single track?

scubes

Hi. I ride a bit around Huddle park and there's somewhat of a single track surrounding Huddle on Club street. This is used by walkers, joggers, dog walkers and mountain bikers (road cyclists use the road obviously).

The last few months whilst cycling on this single track of sorts, near the entrance to Huddle Park are a few motorbike riders who use this trail. But why? I can't see how one can motox inside Huddle (its quite small) and why mbike on a trail used by cyclists and walkers- its  dangerous.  :ph34r:

For some odd reason most guys with off road's don't care about trails which are meant for mountain bikers.

A while back my friend and I went to Hobby Park in Krugersdrop and with our luck there were off roads on the trails. Although there are sign specifically indicating mountain biking only. 

I am sure they are aware of the damage they do on the trails.

I reckon these Idiots don't care..

But why? 

Because they can - or because it's fun. Technically I don't think we're supposed to be there on our MTBs either - although I see the little bicycle signs on the trees on the side opposite Huddle Park - but coming down on the huddle park side towards Linksfield road is a blast - but I'm sure pedestrians get annoyed with us (mtb'ers) on their footpaths too. 

Because they can - or because it's fun. Technically I don't think we're supposed to be there on our MTBs either - although I see the little bicycle signs on the trees on the side opposite Huddle Park - but coming down on the huddle park side towards Linksfield road is a blast - but I'm sure pedestrians get annoyed with us (mtb'ers) on their footpaths too.

Riding up and down the trails on the sandringham dip to and from Huddle is also lekker.

I agree with you about the pedestrians. I always make a point to slow right down so as not to intimidate, and to greet pleasantly, and thank them for moving out the way. This ameliorates the irritation factor.

As for the motorbikes, they must fall.

Edited by Harryn

Riding up and down the trails on the sandringham dip to and from Huddle is also lekker.

I agree with you about the pedestrians. I always make a point to slow right down so as not to intimidate, and to greet pleasantly, and thank them for moving out the way. This ameliorates the irritation factor.

As for the motorbikes, they must fall.

I'm annoyingly polite when I'm on my bike unless you're a dick - then I give that back 10 fold - so if I ever encounter the motorbikes and they're arsey -  :ph34r:

agree though the pedestrians always step aside even though I try to move aside early but I think they do it for their own safety as well - also my squeaky "toy" - is a bit more unexpected than a traditional bicycle bell . 

We get loads of them in Magalies over weekends, quad riders are the worst as they don't move over for you at all (and are often piloted by proper porkers...). Up and down the railway line servitude and ripping up the dirt roads....what a skill set...

Conversely on some of the old MTB trail I had here the trials riders do their thing in that area and they are great. No issues, polite and considerate....