Bobbo_SA

Got mine yesterday. Depending on the ID of your handles bar ends, need to be 18+ mm to fit in. I also have carbon bars and the are just too big to fit.

But I'm going to make a plan, about 20mm in it widen, so I'm going to use a round file to open it up a bit.

So yes, with some effort it can work on carbon bars.

wait, are you going to file away at carbon, at the part where you hold onto to prevent your stem from altering your teeth?

you are a brave man.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine yesterday. Depending on the ID of your handles bar ends, need to be 18+ mm to fit in. I also have carbon bars and the are just too big to fit.

But I'm going to make a plan, about 20mm in it widen, so I'm going to use a round file to open it up a bit.

So yes, with some effort it can work on carbon bars.

wait, are you going to file away at carbon, at the part where you hold onto to prevent your stem from altering your teeth?

you are a brave man.

you are a brave man.

Calm down guys, in the end I only shortened the bars by 20mm each side and then the opening was big enough for the tools to fit.  I filed it a bit just to smooth after sawing and made sure I didn't breath any black stuff in the proses .. :-)

I have original Rocky Mountain clamp-on grips with closed ends.  The tools are snug inside, works like a charm, no harm done to the integrity of the bars.

Anyway, where you need the bars to be strong is in the middle where the biggest bending moment will always be, what happen at the bar ends far less important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My personal opinion, no. Rather spend money on a 16inch pushbike so you can start teaching to balance and ride

The above option would've suited a smaller child better

Have to agree, our son had one till around 2.5yrs old and then he outgrew it. He flew with the thing though.

Not well made for the price either, needed fixing till it broke beyond repair. I did buy it used for R600 though and the wheels are now on a steel framed push bike from Toys R us.....

https://www.onedayonly.co.za/products/bmxie-moto-multifunctional-balance-kids-bike-20210329

Is this a good option/choice for a soon to be 4 yr old boy?

I bought that for my oldest for his 2nd birthday. The same model as that but not the moto. So it has different wheels and doesn't have that "motor" looking thing on it but I paid about that price from CL. He hardly used it. He preferred his black plastic bike and then he got a proper bike with training wheels and just rode that until asking me to remove the training wheels and 10 min later he was riding. Every now and then he gives it a ride and his twin brothers who are almost 3 also give it a ride now and then but they also prefer their plastic motobikes or their proper bikes with training wheels(although they cant pedal a full circle yet so they just push up down up down on the pedals).

So in short I think it was a waste as it really didn't get used much and I have 3 boys with access to it.