Bobbo_SA

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/6/2021 at 3:09 PM, Matu said:

Hi Guys/Girls,

Not sure if a thread like this already exists but let's share good deals we find online ????

Found a good deal today, if you a size 8 and looking for road shoes...

Disclaimer: no association with onedayonly nor the seller

Fizik Tempo R5 Powerstrap Cycling Shoes

These have been on sale for a month already

42 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I'd rather get A bontrager ION RT 

at x2 the price its NOT x2 the light.

The Giant equivalent is cheaper and similar quality but the Ravemen is a bargain at R1049

Edited by DieselnDust

36 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

These have been on sale for a month already

sure, but reduced last few days at r1500 from r1999, was 1 pair left, size 8

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Matu said:

I paid about R80 for the same gloves from Light in the Box. I usually buy three items at a time for shipping cost efficiency and have bought from the site on four occasions. Great deals as long as one pays CLOSE attention to the size charts for each item, the user reviews are helpful for sizing as well. Delivery takes a month with standard mail shipping.

gloves.jpg

Edited by justinafrika

7 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

I paid about R80 from Light in the Box for the same gloves. I usually buy three items at a time for shipping cost efficiency and have bought from the site on four occasions. Great deals as long as one pays attention to the size charts for each item. Delivery takes a month with standard mail shipping.

gloves.jpg

How was your experience with Light in a box? shipping time?

About four weeks each time. Customs seem to be a crapshoot, sometimes 45% duties on clothing and my last delivery three weeks ago (three items of winter kit) somehow had no import duties added.

Even with import duties, those gloves are still way less than half than what the OneDayOnly special costs.

Edited by justinafrika

13 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

About four weeks each time. Customs seem to be a crapshoot, sometimes 45% duties on clothing and my last delivery three weeks ago (three items of winter kit) somehow had no import duties added.

Even with import duties, those gloves are still way less than half than what the OneDayOnly special costs.

epic!!! thanks for the info, will try them out

19 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Delivery on this side ?  Via "SA Post Office" or a courier ?

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Delivery on this side ?  Via "SA Post Office" or a courier ?

When they added duties, I collected at SAPO, happened twice. When no duties were added, once collected at a Pep Store counter and once home delivery by courier. I used Paypal for safety. Each time the parcel arrived within 30 days or less.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:10 PM, ChrisF said:

Lost way too much in the SAPO system ....

I wont knowingly enter into any business agreement that involves them.

Luck o' the draw I guess. Never had a problem with SAPO, even with watch straps and watches. DHL disappointed once with three sizeable boxes of work equipment from the same supplier ending up in three different cities.

Edited by justinafrika

23 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Luck o' the draw I guess. Never had a problem with SAPO, even with watch straps and watches. DHL disappointed once with three sizeable boxes of work equipment from the same supplier ending up in three different cities.

Hopefully one of those cities wasnt PE, apparently PE is just a suburb of EL.

I once had a courier that sent a parcel to the PE depot instead of EL ask me why I dont just pop around quick and fetch it from PE??