Bobbo_SA

2 hours ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Hopefully one of those cities wasnt PE, apparently PE is just a suburb of EL.

I once had a courier that sent a parcel to the PE depot instead of EL ask me why I dont just pop around quick and fetch it from PE??

A mate of mine from JHB was going to a conference in East London... he accidental booked a Return Flight to PE and had to drive the 300km there and back ????

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many many years ago we needed to do a small project over a week at our Cape Town offices at Cape Town station. 
The company travel agent booked us into a guest house in Somerset west. 60km one way, then tells us it’s right next to Cape Town, only a short drive. 

not as bad as PE to EL, but certainly not right next door as she described. 

28 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Many many years ago we needed to do a small project over a week at our Cape Town offices at Cape Town station. 
The company travel agent booked us into a guest house in Somerset west. 60km one way, then tells us it’s right next to Cape Town, only a short drive. 

And that would have been 60km in peak hour traffic both ways too!

1 hour ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

And that would have been 60km in peak hour traffic both ways too!

At the time they were also doing roadworks on the highway, I think they were widening it, so it was chaos. 
we very quickly got new accommodation near the office. 

5 hours ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Hopefully one of those cities wasnt PE, apparently PE is just a suburb of EL.

I once had a courier that sent a parcel to the PE depot instead of EL ask me why I dont just pop around quick and fetch it from PE??

or maybe stuff gets lost or sent to 3 different cities because the EC cant decide what their cities names are...and nobody can say or spell them either? haha

6 hours ago, ouzo said:

I was just as guilty as far as a visiting German trauma surgeon was concerned.

Arriving at an EMS continuing professional development case history meeting in Cape Town we exchanged pleasantries and I asked about his accommodation and morning commute. "That's about 12km's from here, right?" I asked.

"No. TWELVE POINT ONE!" he insisted.

Edited by justinafrika

31 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

I was just as guilty as far as a visiting German trauma surgeon was concerned.

Arriving at an EMS continuing professional development case history meeting in Cape Town we exchanged pleasantries and I asked about his accommodation and morning commute. "That's about 12km's from here, right?" I asked.

"No. TWELVE POINT ONE!" he insisted.

You should have asked him if he accounted for Coriolis Forces. The return trip should read 11.9 

Edited by DieselnDust

8 hours ago, ouzo said:

Living in Somerset East so many of our parcels go to Somerset West. You would think postal codes would be enough for courier companies if the 800km odd between is not.

41 minutes ago, Showtime said:

Living in Somerset East so many of our parcels go to Somerset West. You would think postal codes would be enough for courier companies if the 800km odd between is not.

sumtin aint right.gif

Edited by justinafrika

10 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

You should have asked him if he accounted for Coriolis Forces. The return trip should read 11.9 

That and any self respecting german rounds to the closest 3 decimal points… 

18 hours ago, MORNE said:

or maybe stuff gets lost or sent to 3 different cities because the EC cant decide what their cities names are...and nobody can say or spell them either? haha

Bud I was driving to Queenstown two weeks ago and was wondering why the GPS wasnt showing it and the signs along the way didnt have the distance to go... then I realized its been renamed and is now Komani!

Its a nightmare looking at Google maps because the names have all changed.

Here, I thought, I was going to score a good bargain on this thread being on the highlight for the last while, I find another discussion about our fantastic SAPO.

6 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Here, I thought, I was going to score a good bargain on this thread being on the highlight for the last while, I find another discussion about our fantastic SAPO.

connolly gif.gif

On a serious note(not that it really matters), There are some proper proper bargains on here, especially if you like Muc-Off.

www.cyced.co.za (Previously  Bikemob)