Bobbo_SA

Thanks for that, went back and checked before ordering and says "aluminium bars only", so not sure if that REALLY means I cannot put them in a carbon bar? (Merida Team CC)

Got mine yesterday.  Depending on the ID of your handles bar ends, need to be 18+ mm to fit in.  I also have carbon bars and the are just too big to fit.

But I'm going to make a plan, about 20mm in it widen, so I'm going to use a round file to open it up a bit.

So yes, with some effort it can work on carbon bars.

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine yesterday. Depending on the ID of your handles bar ends, need to be 18+ mm to fit in. I also have carbon bars and the are just too big to fit.

But I'm going to make a plan, about 20mm in it widen, so I'm going to use a round file to open it up a bit.

wait, are you going to file away at carbon, at the part where you hold onto to prevent your stem from altering your teeth?

you are a brave man.

Got mine yesterday. Depending on the ID of your handles bar ends, need to be 18+ mm to fit in. I also have carbon bars and the are just too big to fit.

wait, are you going to file away at carbon, at the part where you hold onto to prevent your stem from altering your teeth?

you are a brave man.

you are a brave man.

Calm down guys, in the end I only shortened the bars by 20mm each side and then the opening was big enough for the tools to fit.  I filed it a bit just to smooth after sawing and made sure I didn't breath any black stuff in the proses .. :-)

I have original Rocky Mountain clamp-on grips with closed ends.  The tools are snug inside, works like a charm, no harm done to the integrity of the bars.

Anyway, where you need the bars to be strong is in the middle where the biggest bending moment will always be, what happen at the bar ends far less important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.onedayonly.co.za/products/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400-plus-model-920-007145-20210325 - not much time left but for anyone who Zwifts - these are super useful!

I paid R650 a few months back on Takealot so the price is really good.

Very good price.

I also use one of these for Zwift

Edited by ChrisF

https://www.onedayonly.co.za/products/bmxie-moto-multifunctional-balance-kids-bike-20210329

Is this a good option/choice for a soon to be 4 yr old boy?

My personal opinion, no. Rather spend money on a 16inch pushbike so you can start teaching to balance and ride

The above option would've suited a smaller child better

My personal opinion, no. Rather spend money on a 16inch pushbike so you can start teaching to balance and ride

The above option would've suited a smaller child better

Have to agree, our son had one till around 2.5yrs old and then he outgrew it. He flew with the thing though.

Not well made for the price either, needed fixing till it broke beyond repair. I did buy it used for R600 though and the wheels are now on a steel framed push bike from Toys R us.....